Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I’m a big believer and user of the Celestion G12H made in UK version. 
I used them in my 18 Watt Amps when I was building them, after trying a Crap load of others. They work really well with Marshall style amps.

It is a rabbit hole &, extremely subjective further complicated because all amps  work better with certain speakers. We know this yet still pursue the tone in our heads. 
Enjoy the journey! 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Brewmaster said:

I’m a big believer and user of the Celestion G12H made in UK version. 
I used them in my 18 Watt Amps when I was building them, after trying a Crap load of others. They work really well with Marshall style amps.

It is a rabbit hole &, extremely subjective further complicated because all amps  work better with certain speakers. We know this yet still pursue the tone in our heads. 
Enjoy the journey! 

The amp/speaker synergy is certainly significant, but there are many guitar/amp factors that can influence total tone:

• Guitar materials and construction (wood quality, laminations (if applicable), hollow/solid body)
  • Pickups and wiring
  • Guitar wiring
  • Pick material, shape, and thickness
  • Player's pick attack
  • Strings: e.g., roundwound, flatwound, ground roundwound, compressed roundwound, nickel coating, stainless steel,  etc.

That's about 36 possible combinations, not counting the subcategories, amp tubes and condition, wiring, solder joints, pots, resistors, etc.

Definitely tone starts in the musician's mind, that is hopefuilly achieved and refined by entering the rabbit hole and swapping components and accessories until you reach your vision.

Many guitarists with distinctive sounds have elaborate pedal/amp/speaker configurations to achieve them. Santana and Billy GIbbons come to mind.

acb1eb7a13552ce0bc261685072ba131.jpg

Edited by JohnnyB