Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1987 Jackson Bolt-On - SOLD

I bought this guitar mainly as something fun for the stage show, and, well... 

For the stuff I'm doing at home, I don't really have a lot of use for a one-pickup shredder.  I'm not sure if anyone here would be all that interested in one either, but I figured I'd list it here.  I'd knock it down to $SOLD shipped for a regularly posting HFCer.  We can do Venmo, Paypal, or something similar.  

Deets are here:

https://reverb.com/item/34482437-jackson-dinky-custom-1987-graphic?publish_confirmation=true

spacer.png

Curses and damnation. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat were it not for the single p'up. Sure, reverse head stock and 24 frets would help, too... :P

but that graphic is so cool!

<sigh>🙁

GLWTS!

16 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Curses and damnation. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat were it not for the single p'up. Sure, reverse head stock and 24 frets would help, too... :P

but that graphic is so cool!

<sigh>🙁

GLWTS!

I mean, you could rout it for a neck pickup and put a new neck on it... 😜

13 minutes ago, Travis said:

I mean, you could rout it for a neck pickup and put a new neck on it... 😜

Nah, I'd lose a critical part of the graphic unless I wanted to paint a pickup. 😬 I will say, however, that a toggle switch could EASILY be subbed in for one of the 3 seemingly unnecessary control knobs. :P

14 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Nah, I'd lose a critical part of the graphic unless I wanted to paint a pickup. 😬 I will say, however, that a toggle switch could EASILY be subbed in for one of the 3 seemingly unnecessary control knobs. :P

I ripped the active boost circuit out of my Charvel 650xl years ago. I’d vote that knob be the one to go...

It’s a cool guitar, but I have two other Jacksons that I use for all kinds of stuff.  This one mostly hangs on the wall and gets pointed at while I’m saying, “Oh yeah, that one is really cool!” 

3 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

It’s a cool guitar, but I have two other Jacksons that I use for all kinds of stuff.  This one mostly hangs on the wall and gets pointed at while I’m saying, “Oh yeah, that one is really cool!” 

It IS really cool. GLWTS

8 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

Oh shit, I sold it to the current guitarist of Queensryche. 

F'real???

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Oh shit, I sold it to the current guitarist of Queensryche. 

Ah! So cool.

8 minutes ago, velorush said:

I must point out: that, sir, was an excellently written Reverb ad.  Nicely done.

tenor.gif?itemid=15588067

Thanks!  I see at least one typo, which is good for me.  I'm an awful proofreader, particularly on a computer screen.  It should be "start squealing."  

Generally, I think you sell faster and for more when you try to give as detailed a description as possible, especially with older instruments.   First, it's great to know what you're getting exactly and that the person selling it actually seems to give a damn about what he is selling, and second, specific claims are easily falsified by the purchaser.  Generally, I feel like if someone is going to list a bunch of details they are less likely to be running some kind of a scam because it would be so easy to prove the seller had lied. 

Now THAT is a sweet-ass Dinky!! I have an early 90’s custom with the Dan Lawrence lightning paint job (and I have a matching BCR Gunslinger! WOOT!). I was thinking of selling it recently, but I picked it up for the first time in a long time, and that guitar is just about as perfect as they get. SO comfortable. 

On 7/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, LucSulla said:

Thanks!  I see at least one typo, which is good for me.  I'm an awful proofreader, particularly on a computer screen.  It should be "start squealing." 

I was speaking specifically to girth of content and lack-of-hype.  I leave spelling to others. 

I was taught to read English (a non-phonetic language), phonetically.  Consequently, I could read at a ridiculously early age but never became proficient at spelling.

3 hours ago, velorush said:

I was speaking specifically to girth of content and lack-of-hype.  I leave spelling to others. 

I was taught to read English (a non-phonetic language), phonetically.  Consequently, I could read at a ridiculously early age but never became proficient at spelling.

I'm all about girth of content, baby!

5 hours ago, stonge said:

how did you get the maple fingerboard that clean?  I have a Charvel USA style 2, and the fingerboard turns grey if you think about playing it lol.

Naphtha,  .000 Steel Wool, and a whole lot of elbow grease.   I polished on it for a good hour.  It's still not new, but it looks a helluvalot better than it did.  It looks like a very well cared for 33-year-old maple neck rather than swamp thing.  

To be honest, I could give a damn about that guitar, but I'll miss that neck.  It was really nice. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 8:12 PM, LucSulla said:

That went quickly.  Look for it at probably a huge mark-up at Diablo Guitars in the near future, haha. 

$499.99 markup, haha.  

Oh well, I got my money back out of it and then a tad, even with the bridge upgrade.  Good luck to him. 

5 hours ago, LucSulla said:

$499.99 markup, haha.  

Oh well, I got my money back out of it and then a tad, even with the bridge upgrade.  Good luck to him. 

Probly be more than that if he uses it for 1 song and there’s a picture of it! That graphic kicks ass, add picture documentation and you have the complete fan wall hanger with picture!! Audio too!! 

Archived