Hamer Fan Club Message Center

ValveTech VAC22 Head **** SOLD ****

SOLD - Thanks!

Early model - #024 2001

I don't know if this had the 1st mod, but it sounds great regardless.  I've owned it for many years and purchased it from a board member, I don't recall who. It hasn't been outside my home since.

Reverb and FX loop options.

Good condition cosmetically, everything works.  I just installed new JJ power tubes and an Electro Harmonix Rectifier.  the reverb tubes are Fender branded Groove Tubes and preamp tubes are a Sovtek 5751 and a Tesla 12ax7.  The reverb/boost channel footswitch is included.

I'm thinking $750 with U.S. shipping included.  Let me know if that's off base.  PayPal is OK, buyer pays fees.  I'm in the NW Chicago suburbs and can drive a reasonable distance for a hand-off.

I'll upload more photos asap.

IMG_3114.JPG

1 hour ago, BadgerDave said:

I've owned it for many years and purchased it from a board member, I don't recall who.

I think it was me!

Great price for this amp. 

You may be right.  Either you or @sirDaniel

If it was yours, do you remember if it had the first mod done?

Wow. It seems it can blend FX and wet signal. That opens another door of sounds. I wish mine had this option. Although, I don’t want to complain. VACs are keeper amps. Mine doesn’t have the latest mod either. However, there is no need to have the mods made. I have an Eminence hemp-cone speaker in the combo.

The buyer will get a great.

I know less than nothing about VAC...does this amp tend towards Fender tones...? 2 6v6s, reverb, or is it a more British tone? Or is it its own thing?

is it fixed or cathode biased? If fixed are thee bias pots for when you swap power tubes?

Inquiring minds and all....

47 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I know less than nothing about VAC...does this amp tend towards Fender tones...? 2 6v6s, reverb, or is it a more British tone? Or is it its own thing?

is it fixed or cathode biased? If fixed are thee bias pots for when you swap power tubes?

Inquiring minds and all....

In my top 3 amps of all time. If I was working it would be mine. Fendery tone to hot rodded Fender Tones. Takes pedals very well. 

Archived