Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'96 Hamer FM Special Trans Blue - SOLD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

I'm very grateful that lots of you guys are cool with shipping to the UK :)

I've never shipped a guitar to the UK, but I've sent and received stuff on Ebay to/from the UK via USPS/Royal Mail before, there seems to be less hiccups in shipping there in comparison with other countries, or perhaps there's less of a language barrier.  In any case, it always seemed to be fairly quick, easy, and reliable.

3 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

Price drop to $850, PayPal gift plus actual shipping.

This is the deal of the month!!! I have 2 already or this would be gone!!! Blue Special = rare rare rare!!!!!

Heard a deal might have been done! Amazing :) 

Apologies for sticking my nose in, I heard there might be a shipping issuette?

US to UK shipping hopefully through USPS has been good value and reliable for the guitars the HFC superstars have sent over to me over the years from across the whole country - at least I thought it was USPS?

• 3 weeks later...

So I made the other purchase a while ago ( thanks Dave, I love it). The Anchor, aka the Mrs. ( she's draggin' me under water, matey!), wants to know how the sale of this fine guitar is going. Oh me.......Oh my.........

Can one of you guys tell her?

I have a logistical question: do you calculate shipping from the buyers location and then add to the total, to get PayPal’d beforehand? I get that you could do that with a scale at home and an online shipping calculator from fed ex or whatever. Or do you get the bulk pay up front, and then get another payment for shipping? The HFC has been incredibly honorable in my experience, so that’s not the craziest thing I’ve ever heard, haha.

I apologize if what I’m asking is personal, I’m just curious about ways to make smooth deals.

Its a really terrific looking guitar and GLWS 🤘

33 minutes ago, geoff_hartwell said:

I have a logistical question: do you calculate shipping from the buyers location and then add to the total, to get PayPal’d beforehand? I get that you could do that with a scale at home and an online shipping calculator from fed ex or whatever. Or do you get the bulk pay up front, and then get another payment for shipping? The HFC has been incredibly honorable in my experience, so that’s not the craziest thing I’ve ever heard, haha.

I apologize if what I’m asking is personal, I’m just curious about ways to make smooth deals.

Its a really terrific looking guitar and GLWS 🤘

Personally, I use an estimate from UPS, where I have an account. Standard guitar box = 47" x 21" x 7" and 25 pounds. Can't ever get hurt too badly with those numbers. If just an estimate I'll use the buyer's zip code. If we have come to terms on the price of the guitar I'll get the buyer's address and get a hard price. I add the shipping to the guitar price after I've alerted the buyer. If all is agreed to then I get paid for the total on PayPal.

Sometimes FedEx is cheaper so I check there as well but without an account the numbers are usually higher than UPS, but not always.

I've been singed, not burned, a few times but I usually don't ask for more money. If for some reason the shipping is less I refund the difference via PayPal.

That's how I do it for "ACTUAL SHIPPING".  I believe it's a fair arrangement. The best thing I can offer that the seller doesn't see is that the UPS account is free. They offer better prices than to non-members AND there are always on-line coupons that reduce the price.

Class dismissed. Now who wants to buy this guitar!

I've only shipped one guitar to Yerp, to Austria. It was packed to withstand a regional thermonuclear conflict in Uline's biggest guitar/bass box.  It just sneaked under the USPS size limits.  I took it to the PO along with the buyer's address information and had it weighed and measured to get the shipping cost on it.  It just made sense, rather than putting the buyer through two international payments.  It got there pretty quickly, cleared Customs promptly and all was well.

No insult intended, but I kind of wish the guitar was still at Dale's.  It's just up the street from my old stomping grounds and I could have a family member just pick it up.

6 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

No insult intended, but I kind of wish the guitar was still at Dale's.  It's just up the street from my old stomping grounds and I could have a family member just pick it up.

Don't tease me, bro. That store is still open?

Archived