Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LovePedal Site?

Lovepedal has gone silent since a February of this year. His Insta account is down too. I have some inside info that I am not at liberty to divulge. 
I have no idea if the company is dead or if it will come back...I have reason to believe we will know by next month. Here’s hoping...

I've done some digging, and he hasn't gone silent by choice. Not my place to share details, but I'm sure we'll know more by August or September. Here's hoping it's happy news about the future of the company and the man behind it. I still want a black big box Amp11!

My White Zen is the bomb with 0006 into a blonde Bassman. I mean really good....and the 4K Brown Deluxe is as well as either a tone-shaper with a little hair of a low gain OD.

18 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

This is a real shame, because Lovepedal rescued Alfonso Hermida after Hermida Audio went under, and they started making Zendrives again.  I love my Hermida Zendrive!

The other day I saw an auction for a Lovepedal Zendrive and in the picture the pedal said Hermida on it and I was confused - good to know what's actually going on there as I just assumed it was a listing error. I try my best not to follow pedal companies as it inevitably leads to pedal gas. 🙂

Meh.  He had a good run with a weird fucking way of doing business.  There will always be the new/next guy whose stuff will be even more full of the tonez, more full bypassier, and more glassy, chimey, warmy and creamy than the last guys' stuff.

3 hours ago, cynic said:

Meh.  He had a good run with a weird fucking way of doing business.  There will always be the new/next guy whose stuff will be even more full of the tonez, more full bypassier, and more glassy, chimey, warmy and creamy than the last guys' stuff.

And don't forget more "Transparent". 

OD11 is the shit. 

I've found Lovepedal's business model unique in the recent short term.  Build whatever the hell you want and put it on sale before you build it.  I'm hoping that he's not going under.  Could be a Covint19 thing.  I'll never part with my Purple Plexi w/ boost.  I had three.  The one I kept sounds monster.  Noticeably better.  My Eternity w/ D-mod is also incredible.  The black Zen didn't do it for me (too much gain for "D" pedal) and a few others (based on Fender circuits) were a bust.

As an aside,  I just bought an original Zendrive signed by Alf.  Made before Lovepedal "rescued" Hermida.  Should have never sold my old one.  Had to pay twice the price for this one.  

I still dig the Purple Plexi/Boost, the AMP11 and Vibe the most.

I've got a few others kicking around just for fun...

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

I've found Lovepedal's business model unique in the recent short term.  Build whatever the hell you want and put it on sale before you build it.  I'm hoping that he's not going under.  Could be a Covint19 thing.

It isn't, thankfully. It's a family thing, unfortunately, hence the sudden (forced) silence. Can't give more details I don't know (I stopped digging at that point, out of respect), but hoping the business survives.

But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of my BoA (kazoo/11) and OD11 in different orders of stacking, and will eventually give my 200# of Gold, JMP11 and p-cell vibronaught the time they deserve, once the honeymoon is over on my current 9 month stacking kick!

I bought too many. Liked some. Gave some away. Still got quite a few. Never had any problem with any of them that more talent wouldn't cure.

I'm hoping that Sean is well and that whatever the problem is, he can still smile when it's over.

The only one I ever bought that I didn't care for was the Amp 11.  Gave it a try and put it back in the box.  Then, after all the (persistent, ad nauseum, you know who you are Bubs) hoopla on this board, I pulled it back out and, wow, it's actually quite good.  Don't know if we had a voltage discrepancy that day, or maybe I had a head full of mucous (or both).

Hope things turn out okay for them.

1 hour ago, shankyboy said:

I picked up the Rubber Chicken from one of his sales and absolutely love it. 

That may be the most FUN(ky) pedal I scored from one of his sales!

8 hours ago, velorush said:

The only one I ever bought that I didn't care for was the Amp 11.  Gave it a try and put it back in the box.  Then, after all the (persistent, ad nauseum, you know who you are Bubs) hoopla on this board, I pulled it back out and, wow, it's actually quite good.  Don't know if we had a voltage discrepancy that day, or maybe I had a head full of mucous (or both).

Hope things turn out okay for them.

The OD11 is more open, so if you find that one a little compressed check out the OD11. Oh and you should really run it at 18 Volts, you can thank me later. 

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

The OD11 is more open, so if you find that one a little compressed check out the OD11. Oh and you should really run it at 18 Volts, you can thank me later. 

18 Volts, 19 Volts, whatever it takes.

10 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

I agree! It is badass. Here is an example:  https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPaItmChUk&feature=share

Love that!

Archived