Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Is it the same bass?

I've been looking at new basses, and saw one on Reverb that caught my eye. It's a G&L M-2500 fretless, and the seller says it is new.

I also saw on Youtube a video of someone playing it, and aside from the slight color differences due to lighting, the wood grain looks identical, both front and back.

So, in your opinion, do you think they're the same bass?

spacer.png

spacer.png

I asked the selling dealer if it was the same one, and this is the response I received: "Could very well be. We just recently got it from G&L. If it is the exact bass, the video was done before we received it. Steve does all the videos for G&L."

According to the research I've done, the guy in the video (Steve Araujo) is currently a Project Manager and Media Producer (among other things) at G&L. He has several other videos demonstrating G&L instruments. 

In that case, they need to knock 30% off.

29 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

In that case, they need to knock 30% off.

They knocked off $300, but I decided not to get it, because I've never played a fretless or a 5-string bass, and I don't know if I'd like it. No one in my area has any fretless or 5-string basses to try out. Plus, the bass is a bit on the heavy side (9.3 lbs). ~$1500 is a lot of coin for something I have no experience with..

Archived