Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Looks Like Someone's Head Was In Mississippi

34 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The outline of Massachusetts would make a better guitar body.

Michigan or Wisconsin would work as well. Mississippi not so much.

It took me a minute to realize that the body was something other than a random scrap of wood.

There's no denying HOA's suck.  I moved to MS after 30 years in/around San Diego (the last 20 as a home owner).  No HOA but home owners insurance is $2800 more ($3550) and property taxes are nearly $3300 for a < $300,000 house (about 50% higher than what I paid in SD for a house worth nearly twice as much).  I also just spent nearly $1000 to register a 2006 Toyota, 2015 Ram, and 2019 Honda.

Edited to add: ... and it's freaking MISSISSIPPI!

When I lived in MS back in the early '80s, it cost me close to $650 to register a new Honda Civic- which only cost $6500! Besides the price of the vehicle registration and "tag" (everywhere else I've been it's a license plate), there was the state personal property tax and the county "Road and Bridge Use Privilege Tax".

Nowadays I live in SE Wisconsin. Property taxes for my roughly $300K house are $7300, which is a bargain compared to the Illinois suburbs of Chicago.

Home owner's insurance is only $500 a year, so there's that.

What, 11 replies so far, and not one mention of Peavey?  If it had a Made-In-Meridian-Mississippi-Peavey USA neck, it'd be more appropriate...and a lot cheaper, no doubt.  :rolleyes: 

There are worse-looking 'concept' guitars out there on Reverb IMO, such as this 'guitar, meet bandsaw' series (and again, no affiliation):

https://reverb.com/item/32959473-stratocaster-style-douglas-usa-electric-guitar-fender-squire-neck-and-body-partscaster

https://reverb.com/item/33582205-telecaster-style-douglas-usa-electric-guitar-fender-usa-pickups-and-saddles-partscaster

Archived