Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Specialized Elite on ebay

9 hours ago, 0054 said:

How likely that its 25.5" scale as the description has it?

I can't make out everything on the COA, but I see no mention of 25.5 or scale length in what I can see... From the photos, it looks like a very pretty, but "standard" Elite Mahogany. The Bigsby, pickups and upgraded top are the only things that look to be custom. It isn't full Superpro or Monaco size, and the bridge looks like it's in the standard spot for a 24.75" scale on the Elite's smaller body... but only a ruler will tell us for certain.

COA describes it as light vintage orange. In the listing it says Transparent Cherry. I wonder what is the defference.

And yes, it‘s listed as a 25.5‘‘ scale length. I remember the Elite were the LP killer.

2 hours ago, gorch said:

COA describes it as light vintage orange. In the listing it says Transparent Cherry. I wonder what is the defference.

Hamer used transparent 'Vintage Orange' a lot on mid-90's Eclipses, so finding a photo of one probably wouldn't be difficult.  IMO,  Hamer's Transparent Cherry is darker and redder than Vintage Orange.  From what I can see on my computer screen, this Monaco could also pass for a dark natural color...but that could be because of the computer or my monitor.

7 hours ago, gorch said:

And yes, it‘s listed as a 25.5‘‘ scale length. I remember the Elite were the LP killer.

On the COA? The listing says 25.5, but regular Elites were 24.75... standard LP scale. I'm asking, not arguing! I just couldn't get the picture clear enough to read all of it... I see:

"Monaco Elite Mahogany

Light Vintage Orange

Bigsby Tremolo

Phat Cat pickup @ neck

Duncan ?? pickup @ bridge"

Can't make out if it says "59" or "JB" as the bridge pup, but I'm not seeing anything about longer Superpro/Monaco (full size) scale.

4 hours ago, joshoowah said:

On the COA? The listing says 25.5, but regular Elites were 24.75... standard LP scale. I'm asking, not arguing! I just couldn't get the picture clear enough to read all of it... I see:

"Monaco Elite Mahogany

Light Vintage Orange

Bigsby Tremolo

Phat Cat pickup @ neck

Duncan ?? pickup @ bridge"

Can't make out if it says "59" or "JB" as the bridge pup, but I'm not seeing anything about longer Superpro/Monaco (full size) scale.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-12 um 20.02.08.png

Anyone know how Light Vintage Orange would look like?

On 7/12/2020 at 4:11 AM, crunchee said:

Hamer used transparent 'Vintage Orange' a lot on mid-90's Eclipses, so finding a photo of one probably wouldn't be difficult.  IMO,  Hamer's Transparent Cherry is darker and redder than Vintage Orange.  From what I can see on my computer screen, this Monaco could also pass for a dark natural color...but that could be because of the computer or my monitor.

The Kiz' Senior is Vintage Orange.  In sunlight it looks orange, but in most incandescent light it looks more brown.

Rpsoqr4.jpgl8VOMor.jpgT9r6bal.jpg

Archived