Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FREE Telefunken Musiktruhe Wien II-U Console stereo and Hughes Multitracer

I'm moving, and it's time for this to go to someone who will restore it or strip it for parts. I worked at an antique store, and when this came in, I thought I could restore it or turn it into a living room practice amp. Late '50s-early '60s piece, I believe. It is complete, with an attractive cabinet in decent condition, turntable, and portable reel-to-reel player/recorder (Magnetophon 75) with Telefunken M9-A mic. The tubes are all gone (sadly, they were all gone before I got it), except the "magic eye" in the amp and portable tape. Anyone who is interested, pick it up and take it away!

I'm in Ewing, NJ, and will be out of my current house by the end of August. Reply or PM me if interested and I'll send some pics.

Also up for grabs is a 1960 Hughes (as in Howard Hughes) Products "Multitracer" used for some sort of electronic testing. No idea about this one at all! It had 3 12A?7s and a pair of el84s in it, I believe (gone before i got it), and I thought it might be a good preamp project, but it just sat with the Telefunken. Great seafoam green metal enclosure and matching dyed leather handle.

Not really interested in selling or shipping either one, so come and get it! I'm willing to meet to hand em off within a reasonable radius of Ewing/Trenton, though the console will be hard to load myself. I'll post them free on Craigslist or put them at the curb if no one here speaks up.

Before you set it on the curb take out the transformers and chokes!!! Old Iron is Good Iron!!! Might be a kick ass 18 watter just waiting to be born!!!

Archived