Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Newport 90 on reverb

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

They lost me with that tuner change. WTF

Yeah, no mention of that, or the visible screw holes from the previous tuners.  Description shows signs of a lazy cut-and-paste edit job, too:

Quote: "Shown here is a wonderful custom example. Notice how the highly figured top (it's spruce, so not really figured) and layered binding (double-bound body, yes: "layered", no) contrasts against the stark ebony fingerboard (it's rosewood) with its single inlay signature (huh?)."   

The tuner change is a real shame, but the noiseless Fralins are probably an upgrade, and the bridge is a super-easy swap. These are killer guitars, and I'd be jumping on this if I didn't already have one. But this:

"Shown here is a wonderful custom example. Notice how the highly figured top and layered binding contrasts against the stark ebony fingerboard with its single inlay signature."

:huh:

A tuner swap is so easy to do, though I HATE swaps with different screw holes (there are so many available - why make more holes, especially if the new tuner doesn't cover the original holes?), but they didn't even get them properly aligned before drilling! Seriously?! They should either be perpendicular to the center line or perpendicular to the edge of the headstock. Regardless, all three on a side should line up. They didn't even get that right! This looks like the work of someone who has never held a straightedge or a drill before. Why are you "learning" the most basic of tech skills on a high-end instrument? Hack up an Epiphone or a Squier before attacking something like this!

Rant over. Beautiful guitar, great pups, terrible description and tuner swap. As Bubs said, at least the bridge can easily be unfucked.

1 hour ago, joshoowah said:

A tuner swap is so easy to do, though I HATE swaps with different screw holes (there are so many available - why make more holes, especially if the new tuner doesn't cover the original holes?), but they didn't even get them properly aligned before drilling! Seriously?! They should either be perpendicular to the center line or perpendicular to the edge of the headstock. Regardless, all three on a side should line up. They didn't even get that right! This looks like the work of someone who has never held a straightedge or a drill before. Why are you "learning" the most basic of tech skills on a high-end instrument? Hack up an Epiphone or a Squier before attacking something like this!

Rant over. Beautiful guitar, great pups, terrible description and tuner swap. As Bubs said, at least the bridge can easily be unfucked.

The listing's over, too.  Not sold, ended.

1 hour ago, stratacus said:

The original tuners and bridge were included.  I’m happy with it. 

You d-d-did it, really?

Congrats! (and please post some soundfiles, later!)

LOVE the P90’s with wraptail. If I ever get a Newport, I think that’ll be the one I go after. Either that or a bird’s eye...

Archived