Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2013 Thorn Deluxe & Recent Robin Wrangler Custom At DGS

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

That Robin Wrangler is tempting!

Just now, chromium said:

Oh man... I love me some Robins... and some teles.  That sure looks like a fun one!

$1195 isn't a bad asking price, either.  And it's definitely a USA Robin.
If anyone cares to call about it, the first two numbers of the serial number represent the last two numbers in the year of manufacture.
Ex: 02XXXX is a 2002.

14 minutes ago, chromium said:

Agree - that is a nice price on the Robin.  Paid more for my E-Type, and worth every cent. Love that guitar.

I've got one too, and _love_ that guitar.  Though after seeing this one, I'm tempted to send it to Stike for a orange sparkle upgrade.

Just now, lang said:

I've got one too, and _love_ that guitar.  Though after seeing this one, I'm tempted to sent it to Stike for a orange sparkle upgrade.

Yeah that metalflake orange is sweet.

I do like some color in my life, but the wood on that thing is just too pretty to cover.  I did strip mine down and buff out the satin clear to a glossy sheen more like the neck.

9 hours ago, kizanski said:

$1195 isn't a bad asking price, either.  And it's definitely a USA Robin.
If anyone cares to call about it, the first two numbers of the serial number represent the last two numbers in the year of manufacture.
Ex: 02XXXX is a 2002.

It's definitely a great asking price, but does Dave's deal though?  Uninformed in that area.

The main thing holding me back is that licensed Bigsby.  Those things are less than quality and you can't simply bolt up a USA Bigsby in place of one without adding a couple of holes.

Dave Wintz is a quality builder, no doubt.  Every USA Robin I've owned or played is top notch.  Bummer he's (semi) retired.

Still that orange flake calls to me...

1 hour ago, Eli said:

It's definitely a great asking price, but does Dave's deal though?  Uninformed in that area.

The main thing holding me back is that licensed Bigsby.  Those things are less than quality and you can't simply bolt up a USA Bigsby in place of one without adding a couple of holes.

Dave Wintz is a quality builder, no doubt.  Every USA Robin I've owned or played is top notch.  Bummer he's (semi) retired.

Still that orange flake calls to me...

Dave's deals. Maybe not so much on gear that has only been on the site a few days, but even then they're very reasonable.  

The Serial looks like 057122, so it's a 2005 (if my eyes are working).

Any Robin fan would be wise to grab that one.  

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

There ya go.  Told ya it was a good price.  

0905A09C-E37E-4790-8A93-7728ED798321.jpeg

Archived