Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS:My solo album 8-Track Cadillac CDs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark,

This is a great record! Songs are great, playing is great, production, it's so professional. Your vocals really suit the style too. Hear so many influences, but it's not a rip off, song wise...  I love the howling wolf  ow oooo in 8 track cadillac, a personal favorite!!

When is the HFC Tour? 

Dave Edmunds and you are the only guys I know who "play all " on their records/cds... that is insane!

Thank you Rodi for those kind words. After the 2018 70s project with AC Rev (Rock and Roll Still Gets Me High) I decided to just record me where I am most comfortable..,the blues-rock arena. To be honest, when I put it out I knew I liked it, but had no idea if it sucked or was good. So thank you for this encouraging post. Yeah, I have a 70s live recording of Buddy Guy where he does a quiet imitation of Howlin’ Wolf’s howls...that was the inspiration for that...and since I love Steppenwolf and Howlin’ Wolf, that lyrical idea just seemed to fit.

I really enjoy the producing, mixing, engineering aspects of recording as well. It has been a huge learning curve these last 5 years but AC mentored me along the way...I was always interested in things like this...when I would first get an album BITD I would read the covers, sleeve and liner notes to get an inkling what studio was this recorded at, who was the producer, what guitars and amps were used, etc., etc.

I was inspired to do it all by Tom Petty, John Fogerty, Prince, & yes, Dave Edmunds. All those guys would or could sometimes do everything, or nearly everything on some of their records. Petty ALWAYS had Campbell playing lead, though.

Anyway,  this run of CDs is still available peeps!

Archived