Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

On 7/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, Punkavenger said:

"beautifully spray painted case"

I could use a case for my Blitz Bass.  Think they'd sell separately?  :)

 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Toadroller said:

I could use a case for my Blitz Bass.  Think they'd sell separately?  :)

 

Sweeten the pot by saying you'll buy the person who gets the bass a wall hanger since that's what they'll do with it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scottcald said:

... a wall hanger since that's what they'll do with it.  

Hey, I resemble that remark!image.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

"Comes with a letter of provenance and a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity."
Two things which mean nothing unless that "letter" is from Nikki Sixx hizzelf. And even then I might not be convinced without photos.

Watch the movie "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" and you'll agree.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, kizanski said:

"Comes with a letter of provenance and a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity."
Two things which mean nothing unless that "letter" is from Nikki Sixx hizzelf. And even then I might not be convinced without photos.

Watch the movie "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" and you'll agree.

I knew a guy who bought all kinds of "celebrity owned" or autographed items without any authentication from eBay and then sold them in a flea market booth.  He bought his own "certificates of authenticity" and filled them out, and usually jacked the price up to 3 or 4 times what he paid for the items.  Those things are meaningless to me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tommy p said:

I knew a guy who bought all kinds of "celebrity owned" or autographed items without any authentication from eBay and then sold them in a flea market booth.  He bought his own "certificates of authenticity" and filled them out, and usually jacked the price up to 3 or 4 times what he paid for the items.  Those things are meaningless to me.

Exactly.
If celebrity-owned guitars or whatever meant anything to me to the point that it's value would be increased by any noteworthy amount (this is an almost non-existent situation), I would want to see a photo of The Guy holding The Item and writing the cert himself.
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, kizanski said:

Exactly.
If celebrity-owned guitars or whatever meant anything to me to the point that it's value would be increased by any noteworthy amount (this is an almost non-existent situation), I would want to see a photo of The Guy holding The Item and writing the cert himself.
 

These days, they should be able to have a video of the person saying, this guitar, serial #XXX was mine etc.  Well, unless they're dead. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Well, unless they're dead. 

Yes. There's that. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Shark said:

There's nobody alive or dead I'd let sign one of my guitars.  I'd ask, "Don't you have a picture of yourself"?

I believe my position on this subject is well documented.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kizanski said:

I believe my position on this subject is well documented.  

Yeah.  Writing on guitars is for people that don't play them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Yeah.  Writing on guitars is for people that don't play them.

And pathetic fanbois.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...