Hamer Fan Club Message Center

On 7/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, Punkavenger said:

"beautifully spray painted case"

I could use a case for my Blitz Bass.  Think they'd sell separately?  :)

• Haha 6
1 hour ago, Toadroller said:

I could use a case for my Blitz Bass.  Think they'd sell separately?  :)

Sweeten the pot by saying you'll buy the person who gets the bass a wall hanger since that's what they'll do with it.  

6 minutes ago, scottcald said:

... a wall hanger since that's what they'll do with it.  

Hey, I resemble that remark!image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Comes with a letter of provenance and a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity."
Two things which mean nothing unless that "letter" is from Nikki Sixx hizzelf. And even then I might not be convinced without photos.

Watch the movie "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" and you'll agree.

• Like 2
On 7/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, kizanski said:

"Comes with a letter of provenance and a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity."
Two things which mean nothing unless that "letter" is from Nikki Sixx hizzelf. And even then I might not be convinced without photos.

Watch the movie "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" and you'll agree.

I knew a guy who bought all kinds of "celebrity owned" or autographed items without any authentication from eBay and then sold them in a flea market booth.  He bought his own "certificates of authenticity" and filled them out, and usually jacked the price up to 3 or 4 times what he paid for the items.  Those things are meaningless to me.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, tommy p said:

I knew a guy who bought all kinds of "celebrity owned" or autographed items without any authentication from eBay and then sold them in a flea market booth.  He bought his own "certificates of authenticity" and filled them out, and usually jacked the price up to 3 or 4 times what he paid for the items.  Those things are meaningless to me.

Exactly.
If celebrity-owned guitars or whatever meant anything to me to the point that it's value would be increased by any noteworthy amount (this is an almost non-existent situation), I would want to see a photo of The Guy holding The Item and writing the cert himself.

• Like 1
On 7/22/2020 at 9:08 AM, kizanski said:

Exactly.
If celebrity-owned guitars or whatever meant anything to me to the point that it's value would be increased by any noteworthy amount (this is an almost non-existent situation), I would want to see a photo of The Guy holding The Item and writing the cert himself.

These days, they should be able to have a video of the person saying, this guitar, serial #XXX was mine etc.  Well, unless they're dead. 

10 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Well, unless they're dead. 

Yes. There's that. lol

7 hours ago, The Shark said:

There's nobody alive or dead I'd let sign one of my guitars.  I'd ask, "Don't you have a picture of yourself"?

I believe my position on this subject is well documented.  

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

I believe my position on this subject is well documented.  

Yeah.  Writing on guitars is for people that don't play them.

34 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Yeah.  Writing on guitars is for people that don't play them.

And pathetic fanbois.