Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jerry Cantrell: Icons, Gibson TV

One of my favorites from the grunge era. An amazing talent. Composer, arranger, guitarist, vocalist, lyricist. Songs like "Rooster" and "Junkhead" will always transport me back - not necessarily to happy places, but to important chapters of my life and memories of people who have come and gone. I'm gonna have a scotch and put on Dirt now. Thanks for posting this.

Cantrell and the DeLeo brothers were the only thing that kept me from completely writing off '90s rock music. They were, musically speaking, old souls in that era. 

2 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Cantrell and the DeLeo brothers were the only thing that kept me from completely writing off '90s rock music. They were, musically speaking, old souls in that era. 

You could say the same for me.  Cantrell speaks for himself, but Dean DeLeo is pretty underrated IMO.  That guy's chords shapes are fucking insane. 

10 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

Yup.

Pixies, Type O Negative, Pantera, De la Soul, Life Sex & Death, Jane's Addiction  and Soundgarden also kept me interested in music outside of the carry overs from the 80's who managed to survive the great musical reformation.

Archived