Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Monaco III content - pleasant surprise

I was checking out Lisa Loeb on Howard Stern’s show and I see an exact replica of my red Monaco III !

coincidentally, after a long time away from it, I started playing it again just this weekend...

Supreme Court Justices play Hamers(?)

Must be my eyes are going.......

24 minutes ago, django49 said:

Supreme Court Justices play Hamers(?)

Must be my eyes are going.......

I would expect nothing less, at least until they discover Shishkov!

1 hour ago, Bosmitch said:

I was checking out Lisa Loeb on Howard Stern’s show and I see an exact replica of my red Monaco III !

Sorry you had to sit through that set to see a Hamer. You should be awarded a medal for your trouble.

Someday I will own a Mon lll, I’ve wanted one for years but it has never worked out. You guy’s know the drill, guitar comes up no money!! Got some money no Mon lll’s for sale :( Someday that’ll change !!

Stay is actually a pretty good song. It was on the Reality Bites soundtrack from 1994. I have that CD somewhere. Back from the day when soundtracks could be an awesome way to find new artists and bands, when a soundtrack CD really ment something. Some good power pop tunes on this CD:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110950/soundtrack

5 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Someday I will own a Mon lll, I’ve wanted one for years but it has never worked out. You guy’s know the drill, guitar comes up no money!! Got some money no Mon lll’s for sale :( Someday that’ll change !!

I feel the same way.  I am not a huge fan of the red iteration, but loved the clear-over-spruce version @Feynman had for a week or so (replaced gold hardware with chrome IIRC).  There is one, however, with a quilted maple top in a brown(-ish) hue.and tort binding.  I missed that one by about an hour a few years back.

4 hours ago, velorush said:

I feel the same way.  I am not a huge fan of the red iteration, but loved the clear-over-spruce version @Feynman had for a week or so (replaced gold hardware with chrome IIRC).  There is one, however, with a quilted maple top in a brown(-ish) hue.and tort binding.  I missed that one by about an hour a few years back.

You mean these two?

50160544086_5f760ecab0_n.jpg

36114324881_d56d45ec6d_b.jpg

Somehow, I managed to hang onto the one I got from Feynman all this time.

5 hours ago, django49 said:

You mean these two?

50160544086_5f760ecab0_n.jpg

36114324881_d56d45ec6d_b.jpg

Somehow, I managed to hang onto the one I got from Feynman all this time.

Yer killin me!!! Those are beautiful!!! I would be tickled pink to find a red one!!

I'm about due for a string change on mine...

Green Guys.jpg

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I'm about due for a string change on mine...

Green Guys.jpg

The green could be watered too. B)

6 hours ago, gorch said:

The green could be watered too. B)

Understatement!  I probably should have placed them somewhere in my yard or in a more suitable background...

41 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Understatement!  I probably should have placed them somewhere in my yard or in a more suitable background...

There's a lot wrong with that photo's composition.
I'm frankly surprised that you are the one who took it.

I'm surprised at you.

The shame is all mine.  I was facilitating the delivery of Steve's Newport and realized that I hadn't taken any decent photos, so pulled over and took a shitty pic.  

I'll do better next time.

On 7/27/2020 at 6:17 AM, Dutchman said:

Same here!  I was all on fire to get a MIII in 2018, one came up for sale, and I sold my Newport, my last Hamer, to get it. I was just about to send the money off when we had a family medical emergency. Everything is good with the fam now but it’s doubtful I’ll ever get a MIII. 

4 hours ago, Dutchman said:

Some lucky soul has this one somewhere in the EU!!

Pelham Blue??

6D41AE16-5283-4A02-B3B7-9A7105D47868.jpeg

That's cool!  I'd prefer it with cream P-90s and gold knobs, but that is pretty sweet.

Archived