Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Finally Got To Play a Gig!!

It’s been a long dry run since covid. Saturday changed that! My son and I grabbed an opportunity to play at at lake resort. It was boiling out, humidity 93% heat index 103 degrees!! No breeze, not a leaf moved thru out the jam. 
Just the same it was refreshing! It was a small group 50-60 very very appreciative people!! Seem’s they’re starved for live entertainment too. 
We where drenched in sweat but loved every minute of the 2 hour show!!!

Great to hear there is still live music possible. And great you enjoyed the gig.

Same here!  My last gig was over St. Patrick's Day weekend with Elduave and the band.  Saturday night was a blistering hot evening with Serial's band in Central PA.  Candy Blue 2TEK Cruise on my side, Steve slung the Caddy Green Newport and my Shishkov DC.

TWSS 072520.jpg

Man, did you stir up a memory from about 20 years back. An outdoor July 4 gig in Iowa. Played to several thousand souls enduring 94° and 94% humidity. Good-hearted tour hands brought up small bottles of water and towels so that we could pour the water over our heads to cool down and then towel dry. I have no idea how the two sax players kept their horns in tune.  I think our drummer had to adjust the snare drum head every 15 minutes. I’d not thought to re-live that 90 minutes on stage until your post. Anyway, I bet the folks at your gig really appreciated you, as eager to hear live music as you were to play it.

Archived