Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gibson v Hamer - Explorer & Standard Side by Side

Love Leon’s videos. He’s got a ton of great content. Glad to see him give the standard it’s praise. I know he’s got an artist that he’ll play on his channel once in a while. So he’s no stranger to Hamer USA and their quality. 

34 minutes ago, Travis said:

Love Leon’s videos. He’s got a ton of great content. Glad to see him give the standard it’s praise. I know he’s got an artist that he’ll play on his channel once in a while. So he’s no stranger to Hamer USA and their quality. 

Leon is cool.  He's also got I think a Studio and a I know he has a Chaparral that Ormsby did a custom paint job on before he got it.   I also dig that he doesn't turn his nose up at a piece of gear until he tries it.  He's got all the tubes and plenty of modelers as well, which is awesome.  Check the video where he shows a double neck his dad made.  Pretty nice.  

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Leon is cool.  He's also got I think a Studio and a I know he has a Chaparral that Ormsby did a custom paint job on before he got it.   I also dig that he doesn't turn his nose up at a piece of gear until he tries it.  He's got all the tubes and plenty of modelers as well, which is awesome.  Check the video where he shows a double neck his dad made.  Pretty nice.  

Yeah, Leon does some good videos.  That home made double neck is awesome, thanks for the tip.

I love this kind of stuff. Both guitars sound great to me. The Gibby has this heavy/explosive quality in its tone which I simply love. The Hamer sounds more focused and articulate, which is great too. But construction-wise, the Hamer of course will smoke any other guitar out there —not that that Explorer looks bad or anything, but you know what I mean. 

On 7/28/2020 at 4:41 AM, Disturber said:

I think the tone of the Standard Korina kills that Gibby explorer. 

I have the opposite of dog ears, but I agree.  At least until the metal stuff, then I do think the Gibson sounded better.  But that's not my style . . . 

The more I listen to this, the more I appreciate both guitars. I think the explorer sounds tighter and more focused, better for the metal tones (at least thru Leon’s setup in this video). To my ears, the standard does everything else better. 

Archived