Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitar body makers?

hamerhead

Question

I just have to build a hardtail Strat. Who does bodies (besides Warmoth) that might need a custom touch or 2?

Thanks.

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Custom made guitar on a budget.

Sounds reasonable.

I don't want the whole guitar, Mr. Penis. Just the body.

....and made from firewood scraps, apparently.

Tight Ass... Huh, I don't think anyone that knows you would have have used that to describe you. LOL 

Having your girlfriends name engraved in this one? 

Nope,  I really don't have anything better to do. 

27 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I don't want the whole guitar, Mr. Penis. Just the body.

You'll probably need a neck as well. Maybe some pickups, hardware, etc.

1 hour ago, DaveL said:

A few years ago,  I had kne do a few bodies for me,   small shop, knocked them out
in a week or so.    reasonable pricing...   they do a lot of charvel inspired stuff, however
they also do traditional styles as well.        
http://www.kneguitars.com/vint_bod.php

They're in Oxnard, Ca. I wonder if these guys spun off from the Larrivee plant...

This guy makes decent stuff and offers pre-drilled options for vintage hardtail or a Hipshot fixed bridge at no extra cost: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Body-Unfinished-Ash-USA-Made-S-Style-Made-to-Order/392541779762?hash=item5b65503732:g:9NAAAOSw~B1aRS5U

3 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

This guy makes decent stuff and offers pre-drilled options for vintage hardtail or a Hipshot fixed bridge at no extra cost: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Body-Unfinished-Ash-USA-Made-S-Style-Made-to-Order/392541779762?hash=item5b65503732:g:9NAAAOSw~B1aRS5U

I have one of his and it's a quality piece done just the way I wanted it. But.... he only works with certain types of wood. I could see if he's open to experiment....

27 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

I have one of his and it's a quality piece done just the way I wanted it. But.... he only works with certain types of wood. I could see if he's open to experiment....

Yep; 100% spot-on. His stuff is well-made, but he has...well...somewhat of a narrow lens on how to operate his business.  Body woods?  It's either poplar or ash or...nothing.  Also, I offered to drive to his shop to pick up a body (I live only 30 minutes from him) and he politely but firmly refused, saying he simply couldn't accommodate an in-person pick-up...and this was pre-COVID.  That said, you get exactly what you ask for (within his options parameters) and it's done exceptionally well.

Archived