Hamer Fan Club Message Center

bubs_42

Yup, that's awesome.  Simplistic elegance at its best.  I was intrigued by and bought a Hannes bridge shortly after they came out and have yet to get it on anything.

2 hours ago, django49 said:

It is almost like you took the basics of a Krautster II and then kicked it up a couple notches

Oh, and THANK GOD Nik Huber was born so all these other builders can copy him.

17 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

That's very cool!  Very very very cool!  Enjoy ! ....

dibs.  Sorry, had to be done.   🤪

I was gonna write something similar, but Bubs42 has changed! Rarely a typo, and he seems to have exhausted all amp and prototype/Phantom scenarios!

15 hours ago, PaGator said:

Very cool, very unique, congratulations! Is the bridge adjustment from the back of the guitar or are the posts just mounted all the way through? Enjoy

The nickel bar is bolted all the way through and the saddles are attached to it. The saddles are not screwed to the body. How do I know? I was wanking so hard yesterday I broke a string and had to change it out. LOL The string tension is so freaking awesome, this guitar managed to keep a bit of snap on the Low E and keep a loose feel but a focused sound. 

4 hours ago, 0054 said:

I was gonna write something similar, but Bubs42 has changed! Rarely a typo, and he seems to have exhausted all amp and prototype/Phantom scenarios!

The best part of this NGD happened when I plugged it in. Straight into my Carmen Ghia with my JMP Pedal and I didn't have to adjust anything in comparison to my Tele. 

This bridge pickup is a masterpiece, it was Josh's idea and I had nothing to do with it. It was a leap of faith, I told him what I wanted, he translated it into what you see. It is the best Gravelin Pickup i've heard to date. 

4 hours ago, 0054 said:

I have exhausted all scenarios. This is the guitar that resulted from my years of... Well, whatever the hell it was that I was doing down in the dungeon all these years. 

4 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

How do I know? I was wanking so hard yesterday I broke a string and had to change it out. LOL 

One more, and I'm moving you to The Outer Circle, Shawn!

Thanks for the kind words @bubs_42   #90 has some serious raw power to it.  Was fun plugging it in before it headed your way.  Because you can never have to many pictures, here are a few Trish and I took - we don’t generally take the finished pics in the shop, but it seemed appropriate for this one. 🎸

ABE95694-B6FD-468B-9FE0-3FC3C1A72536.jpeg

675A5BB6-C89F-423A-B7B7-668A2B264E12.jpeg

1B63A53C-C6EE-491F-BFFB-611DE40ED14A.jpeg

D7E332E3-B7FD-4C1B-9896-D9E45488ECF3.jpeg

F957B25D-279D-4214-ABE0-554FD2681F57.jpeg

DEA350F6-262B-4ED9-9D1E-20F72466D65F.jpeg

56290E78-A6DA-4105-B2C9-A364E4093458.jpeg

A8FC5A45-B2EB-4D66-8F4D-853C243651AD.jpeg

09E7A4FA-E186-4031-952E-553F3891035D.jpeg

8E25F49D-249C-42C0-BA34-A9B981AF6DAC.jpeg

8 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Dying to get back home to play it more! Its fantastic, love it!

That’s the guitar you take with you everywhere you go...

On 7/31/2020 at 8:42 PM, Travis said:

That’s the guitar you take with you everywhere you go...

I know, but this weekends trip was of those non guitar related trips. I guess I could have gotten #0090 its own room and hung out there. LOL 

With this guitar I didn't have the usual "Getting to know you" time. Out of the case it felt like home, and it didn't paint me into any corners. It has a wide palette of tones with the just the volume knob. Splitting the bridge is great, it is not icepicky and sounds more like an under wound P90 than a weak single coil. I had to makeshift my second pedalboard together so I could hear what it would sound like through my Sexdrive/OD11/Gen5 Echo. Having the slight compression from the Sexdrive really makes that already great coil tap come to life. The Sexdrive is one pedal that once you have played with one at your feet, you won't know how you ever got along without it. At least into a Fender,Vox that are already naturally compressing a little. 

This beast also shines with my  "Rock" Rig. Echophonic/JMP11/Tremolo Pedal into a Carmen Ghia

Shishkov's are worth the wait, so be patient, be open, enjoy the process and you will be rewarded. 

BTW @Northfield did you add those ebony bottons on the keys or is that how they came? LOVE THEM!

Being part of the Shishkov fraternity  is truly special. I don’t mean like just hanging with other users of other products. This just feels way different and way more...well, significant...for lack of a better descriptor. 
Yes, @bubs_42, that is exactly how 0006 felt first time out of the case. Instantly at home.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 10:45 PM, BoogieMKIIA said:

I think you should give me that guitar, it goes with my amp.

0790689B-2E9B-497B-957F-FE91C04AF101.jpeg

Maybe you should give him that amp, since it goes so well with his guitar.  😂

• 5 months later...

The pull to gravitate towards a traditional bridge was hard to ignore. I had a tone in mind and needed to lean on Mike and Josh to help lead me to where I was going. This one still gets me every time I plug in.. I could see ordering another one just like it, this time with P90’s . Series/Parallel option to top it off. 

Archived