Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You guys ever notice....

hamerhead

....how perfect the shape of Mike's DC Custom is? And how it's both familiar and fresh at the same time. Every curve is in just the right spot and perfectly proportioned. He really nailed it. Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake, but it didn't fully hit me until I had one in my hands.

Strats are Strats, Juniors are Juniors, LPs are LPs, but Mike's got a classic shape here that stands alone and toe-to-toe with any and all of them. I truly believe that.

Thanks, Mike!

It is pretty much perfect. #0090 feels like he married a 96 Wraptail Studio with a 2000's Vintage Neck Shape. The guitar just feels so like home. I'll be 100% I love #0070 but it doesn't feel as natural as #0090, the neck and body really have come along nicely. 

Balances like a champ too.

I had my DC out at a gig on Saturday night (remember GIGS?!?!?), and even Serial fell in love with the neck carve on it!

In rugby, while drinking vast quantities of beer after a match or at a gathering, if someone was delaying doing something like providing shots or singing the next song, etc., a chant of derision would rise from the assembled players, friends, girlfriends, and hangers-on. It was sung to the melody of "O Come All Ye Faithful" and the lyrics are:

Oh why are we waiting? Why are we waiting? Why are we waaaaaaiting? Oh, why, why, why? Why are we waiting? Why are we waiting? and on and on and on until the offending party got the hint and got on the stick, so to speak. ( look it's rugby, not brain surgery).

So, why are we waiting?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2020 at 8:47 AM, hamerhead said:

....how perfect the shape of Mike's DC Custom is? And how it's both familiar and fresh at the same time. Every curve is in just the right spot and perfectly proportioned. He really nailed it. Sorry if I'm a little slow on the uptake, but it didn't fully hit me until I had one in my hands.

Strats are Strats, Juniors are Juniors, LPs are LPs, but Mike's got a classic shape here that stands alone and toe-to-toe with any and all of them. I truly believe that.

Thanks, Mike!

When I think about that blended heel that he carves, I'm not surprised at all that it would carry over to other areas of the guitar.

I've been feeding videos of DC demos to the two guitar players in my band and they're very interested in it and what they saw on the Shishkov website.

• 10 months later...

My DC is a solid body, no arch. gaze your eyes on it, it is not a slave jr, but when you are playing it, it's totally familiar, it's the guitar you naturally reach for, over all the other beauties. You have to really work to get the others out of their cases, and then you keep looking over at the unopened Shishkov case, and your mind wonders...

4 hours ago, 0054 said:

My DC is a solid body, no arch. gaze your eyes on it, it is not a slave jr, but when you are playing it, it's totally familiar, it's the guitar you naturally reach for, over all the other beauties. You have to really work to get the others out of their cases, and then you keep looking over at the unopened Shishkov case, and your mind wonders...

Flat Tops are where it's at, but I keep getting sidetracked. #105 Finally Flat, just like I like them. ;) 

24 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Flat Tops are where it's at, but I keep getting sidetracked. #105 Finally Flat, just like I like them. ;) 

Just so long we are chatting about guitars and not women or haircuts. 😏

20 minutes ago, django49 said:

Just so long we are chatting about guitars and not women or haircuts. 😏

#truth

Archived