Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'll consult the Oracle...

So, I have a PRS Archon 25 combo.  It uses a 5 pin Din cable (midi) to switch the channels, the loop and power two indicators for each footswitch.  I bought a 5 pin Midi cable to extend the length of the Footswitch for my pedalboard.  The LED's don't work.  It has to be the cable.  The footswitch works fine in it's original configuration.  A friend said that Midi cables don't have all five pins wired.  WTF.  

Help...

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

Shouldn't I be able to buy a cable with all five pins wired?

DIN connectors are $3.00 - $6.00 each (plastic or metal housing); Belden 8445 22 AWG 5 Conductor Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable, 300V is $0.75/ft (min 25 ft).

That way you know it's 5 pin.

9 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

DIN connectors are $3.00 - $6.00 each (plastic or metal housing); Belden 8445 22 AWG 5 Conductor Audio, Control and Instrumentation Cable, 300V is $0.75/ft (min 25 ft).

That way you know it's 5 pin.

I always tell people I have two bachelor's degrees so I don't have to mow my own lawn.  Ditto on making midi cables!

All Hosa Midi cables are fully wired.  Most midi cables only use three pins.  So, unless PRS wants to give me a footswitch with a longer cable, I'm going the Hosa route.

Please no "hosed" jokes...

19 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

I sincerely hope PRS didn’t choose their own custom pinout for some odd reason...

It won't matter.  Pin one is pin one on the other end and so on.  It has to work.  It's just an "extension cord" of sorts.  Hosa advertises that they wire all five pins because most cheap midi cable makers don't.  

Any new music Zen?  I always love your stuff.  

Archived