Hamer Fan Club Message Center

UK Diablo Limited Edition???

Was cruising Reverb for a possible Diablo acquisition when I saw this one posted claiming to be a US LE series of 20. But it was the follow up info that has my attention:

"This is a Limited Edition model of twenty made for a guitar shop in the USA.  (not the British LE, that has a toggle switch)..."

So, has anyone ever seen one of these Brit toggle switch-equipped Diablo LE's? Would very much like to check one out.

image.png

5 hours ago, diablo175 said:

So, has anyone ever seen one of these Brit toggle switch-equipped Diablo LE's? Would very much like to check one out.

Those British units went to a Welsh dealer, thus it's not a Diablo LE, but rather a Diawl LE.

I jest, I jest. But that would have been pretty cool.

OK, seriously, I'm interested to know the answer to this one, as well. The older I get, the more I prefer a two-pickup config with a three-way toggle switch. 

55 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

The older I get, the more I prefer a two-pickup config with a three-way toggle switch.

Welcome to the dark side :This One Site - PicLoco

18 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Was cruising Reverb for a possible Diablo acquisition when I saw this one posted claiming to be a US LE series of 20. But it was the follow up info that has my attention:

"This is a Limited Edition model of twenty made for a guitar shop in the USA.  (not the British LE, that has a toggle switch)..."

image.png

diablo.jpg

#1 of 20 written on the back of the headstock. I can't see any reason other than the toggle for their being any different to the other Diabloo LEs.

I think they are all still in the UK from the time of Trace Elliot.

I think @lincsman has one (had one) IIRC?

...and of course - if one shows up - the Three Musketeers will find a way to get it for you!

(if you decide you want one).

(and you decide that you want the particular one that comes up)

(and if the seller isn't too much of a bellend)

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

diablo.jpg

#1 of 20 written on the back of the headstock. I can't see any reason other than the toggle for their being any different to the other Diabloo LEs.

I think they are all still in the UK from the time of Trace Elliot.

Yeah, but that toggle switch...

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 6.47.03 AM.png

Diablos were available with reverse headstocks, although my old one had a non-reverse. Did any of these LE diablos come with reverse headstocks or were they all like the picture above?

15 hours ago, Travis said:

Diablos were available with reverse headstocks, although my old one had a non-reverse. Did any of these LE diablos come with reverse headstocks or were they all like the picture above?

The LE run were all like that/identical.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 9:43 AM, Bennyboy-UK said:

I think @lincsman has one (had one) IIRC?

...and of course - if one shows up - the Three Musketeers will find a way to get it for you!

(if you decide you want one).

(and you decide that you want the particular one that comes up)

(and if the seller isn't too much of a bellend)

Yep I still have the Diablo, plays like a dream.

hamer.JPG

Archived