Hamer Fan Club Message Center

soli'd

#0091 - DC Custom Offset Semi-hollow, sage pearl metallic.  Honduras mahogany neck & body, spruce top, ebony fingerboard.

cPoHK9l.jpg n3ZjTnc.jpg

Y61KwSd.jpg

GFGSCFL.jpg

4XaELal.jpg

The color and depth of the finish is really tough to capture, but it's a touch greener and more metallic IRL than in the pics.

It's fantastic, far exceeded my expectations (as expected), and feels like an old friend in my hands.  I've got to go back to playing a bit to further develop my impressions, but thought I'd give a quick show and tell.  More to follow soon!

Oh, wow....  That’s got a whole lot going on that I like.  Looks like a great blend of modern and vintage. And being semi hollow, the acoustic voice must be what dreams are made of. 

Holy crap!  EVERYTHING about this is stunning.   This should be a regular thing!  

What a beauty! Naturally, it gives me new ideas......

Enjoy that thing!

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Holy crap!  EVERYTHING about this is stunning.   This should be a regular thing!  

There was definitely some deliberation on both sides, but this early concept shape held promise, and the leap of faith was taken.

SGUZqqh.jpg

2 hours ago, Funky Chicken said:

....Clever twist on the "Arnie". .....

Arnie Jrs.! Love 'em!

God that is so cool. But get it out of the sun. It's melting!

17 hours ago, MCChris said:

Interesting. Reminds me of Trey Anastasio's Languedoc.

The starting point was a mashup of a Newport 90 spec with a Fender Starcaster shape, but I sent Mike several pics of guitar shapes I like, including Myka, Hamer, Languedoc and Forshage.  Turns out just stretching Mike's DC shape a bit was the ticket.

15 hours ago, Funky Chicken said:

Just noticed the inlays. Clever twist on the "Arnie". That whole guitar is just stellar. Is there a full center block? 

I suggested Gretsch style thumbnail fret markers, but Mike came up with the adaptation of the horizontal Arnie style, I love it.  None of the pics really show how cool they are in person, like like multi-colored jewels.  As far as I can tell the block under the pickups and bridge runs from the tenon to the tail.

12 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@soli'd that is an incredible looking guitar! So much going on that is just badass!!  Congratulations! How does it sound?

16 hours ago, specialk said:

I can only imagine what you're hearing right now. Congrats!

I guess this is about the pickups as much as everything else, but it's clear, piano/bell tones in the lows, very honest- doesn't hide anything.  Big range of sounds just from varying pick attack, sensitivity. My Newport Pro (with Seths) by comparison sounds much warmer, almost guarded in terms of note-attack.  As for playability, the neck and frets are perfect, seems to play itself, and the bridge is really comfy under the right hand.

On 8/8/2020 at 9:35 AM, it's me HHB said:

Something special really happened here! The color w the lines is just amazing

10 hours ago, HAMERMAN said:

Hmmm -if you substituted in a piezo bridge you would pretty much have the perfect setup for a Shishkov version of the Duotone! (IMHO) 

It would make a great new model in the Shishkov line-up. Just so many things right about it.

ETA: And - in a nod to the Hamer tradition -  Mike could name it "The Soli'd". You know, 'cuz it's hollow.

11 hours ago, hamerhead said:

It would make a great new model in the Shishkov line-up. Just so many things right about it.

ETA: And - in a nod to the Hamer tradition -  Mike could name it "The Soli'd". You know, 'cuz it's hollow.

I named her "Shelby".  But after a dude.

Archived