Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1993 Special! Score of the year!

Super SCORE!!! I also have a 93 natural Humbucker Special model and that has a nice full neck. Not being a fan of Duncans I originally put Pete Bilthof buckers in it. Right now it’s sporting Shlabotnic’s. After I installed them it was an “Oh My” moment. My son picked it up last week and plugged it into a Tweed Deluxe. I could hear him giggling over the guitar sounds. Super fun guitar!!!

picture is with Dimarzio’s in it

CEF9747A-89AF-4CEE-B968-C0C2F9F8B4B2.jpeg

I always swap pickups out for various Rumpel models...the only ones I haven’t pulled are the Shlabotnik sisters in 0006. They are the best buckers I have ever played and will never come out... we’ll see about the Humbucker Special. So far so good....

Great deal and good job on the friend getting it in your hands. IIRC, Natural Specials from that run are some hard to find versions especially with HBs in it. Enjoy it well.

10285.jpg

Great score, Mark!  I know you know you overpaid slightly, but hell, with inflation...$375 is the new $350!

With that one, you could get a pro refin in any finish you wanted (nothing wrong with the stock finish, of course) and still be ahead of the game!

Thanks everyone for the good vibes. I just put some Dunlop strap locks on a hippie weave a Couch strap for it....

1 minute ago, Jakeboy said:

Thanks everyone for the good vibes. I just put some Dunlop strap locks on a hippie weave a Couch strap for it....

Just carve a pot leaf in the top with a pocketknife and you're LIVIN'!!!

Great score! I think considered a regular tip for the shop owner for generously holding the guitar for you, it’s essentially a treefiddy catch.

Great score for sure. I have a 93 P90 Special that also has the vintage carve. Every time I take it out I marvel at the perfect dark RW board. Yours looks real nice from here. Congrats. 

I am going to call that pawn shop today...they have a load of guitars coming in from another shop they bought out. 

Archived