Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Hamer Scarab or Blitz Bass in White

Hello All,

I've been recruited to perform with Pyrosteria, a Def Leppard act and I'm on the hunt for a Hamer Scarab or Blitz Bass... While doing my research, these seem to be the models he played during the early era that the band portrays looks-wise.  Of course a Hamer Standard Bass would work as well... other colors may be considered.  Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

David

Rick-Savage-Blitz-a.jpg

Rick-Savage-Blitz-b.jpg

Rick-Savage-Scarab-a.jpg

Rick-Savage-Scarab-c.jpg

Rick-Savage-Scarab-d.jpg

Ha! I own three D-Birds - 2 custom and one standard, AND a D-Roc Custom (2020 NAMM display bass in silver matte finish) - all look too "modern" for the application... 

Congrats on the gig and good luck on the hunt!

Haven't seen many Scarab Basses on the market for quite a few years.  I don't 'think' they were particularly rare, just people hanging on to them, I guess... who knows?

Blitz basses seem to show up more regularly, (usually without cases, it seems.)   Not only will you look the part, but the one I used to have sounded absolutely killer.  :)

Congrats on the gig!

The husband of one of my wife's friends started playing drums with them around 2016 - Dave Anthony.  I don't know if he is still with them, but look forward to catching a show with things are back to normal.

Not White, but...

EA255EB7-B354-4CB4-B998-9BF4DC57ABA2.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

That Blitz Bass will be fun to play.  It looks like it is in nice shape.  I love mine. 

You will drive yourself crazy looking for a set of original knobs. 

I thought I’d throw some black Gibson top hat knobs on it to match Sav’s. 

• 1 month later...

I now have my matching pair! 84 Blitz and an 85 Scarab.  NOW for the big challenge... The M4 model Schaller tuning machines that were used on both basses have been discontinued. Therefore, Hipshot can no longer make bass extenders for that model and fit.  So now I'm on the hunt for 2 of those - bass side obviously... There's 2 on eBay, but they're treble side.  If anyone has one to sell, please contact me.  FYI, I have a Hipshot extender for the comparable Gotoh machines that closely resemble the Schaller M4's - unfortunately, the Schallers have a smaller circumference for the headstock holes, so the Gotoh would not fit.  Most unfortunate! :D

IMG_2728sm.jpg

Wow! You‘ve made your job in really short time. Your Hamer collection is great. Good luck with the band.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived