Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Continue to be amazed at quality of old USA Hamers

I am just so amazed by the way my Hamers continue to perform.   Haven’t touched my studio custom (or any of my other Hamers) in over a year as I’ve been only playing jazz on my archtop.  A friend of mine asked me to record some guitar tracks for a rock album he’s working on. I literally picked the thing up off the stand this morning and put on a set of new strings.  Action was perfect, neck had perfect amount of relief (I mean perfect!), and intonation spot on.  This is after my basement has gone from 62 degrees during the winter to about 79 degrees now after this heat wave we’ve had!  Just astounding!  Still looks beautiful, sounds great and plays like butter.  I realize most people on this forum would not find this surprising, but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.  

Shhhh!!! Don’t let the people at the GP know!! For they will be spell bound and flabbergasted in their quest to find fault in all things good!!

3 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

That’s right, every fucker now seems to be the worlds biggest fan of 7.25” fingerboard radius’s.

Had a near miss with a second-hand Bruce Johnson AEB-2 scroll bass many moons ago. 4" radius on that one, if I recall. Yeah it was bass... but just imagine the bragging rights!!!

7 hours ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

That’s right, every fucker now seems to be the worlds biggest fan of 7.25” fingerboard radius’s.

Stupid Pricks.

Post of the day! Fucking bravo! Lol

I don't understand the 7.25" radius reference, maybe this craze hasn't hit the States yet (or, probably more correctly, it hasn't hit me yet :rolleyes:)...but aren't the only guitars with that radius vintage-style Fenders or vintage-style Fender-types?  I like Fender-style Partscasters and have a few, but AFAIK they all have a 9" or more radius, and in that respect they're not "vintage correct".  If I'm shopping for a guitar, fretboard radius isn't really much of a consideration...but that's just me.  I'll take what I can get, if it fits my budget and my needs. ;) B) 

I grew up on vintage fender radius and will always have one around. My semi hollow rosewood top tele has it and Im arguably best on that guitar. I may actually rob the neck and swap the 10" on my black strat. But I am a prick so its fine 😆

Archived