Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer USA Tailpiece Post Thread - Imperial/SAE or Metric?

chromium

Question

Quick question for anyone who may know...

I'm wanting to understand whether the tailpiece post bushings on a 94 Archtop GT are SAE or metric thread.  I assume they are either 5/16-24 or M8... but want to confirm.

I have a '79 Dean and I'm trying to execute a bridge swap, since the original was pretty thrashed. This one used a Japanese-made LS bridge, and the original had wider stud holes w/screw-top studs.  I've only been able to find "ABR/Nashville" style replacements from that era with small (4mm?) holes, and I will need to find conversion posts in order to make it work.

The tailpiece studs from the original bridge on my '94 GT fit the Dean bridge bushings perfectly... but I don't know the specs on them.

Thank you!

Pics- 

Old LS bridge on top, replacement on bottom...

wBZXr5e.jpg

Shot of the Dean studs I'm trying to replace.  Need to find some Nashville conversion studs that will fit the bushings.  Most I've found available seem to have M8 thread - intended for bridge conversions on imports...  Not sure that the Dean bushings are metric, however.

uyQx00p.jpg

5 answers to this question

USA Hamers are Imperial spec.

Thank you!

I saw those Faber studs - exactly what I need, except in SAE thread from the sound of it. Might look at pulling the original bushings and just replace with metric, since those conversion studs all seem geared to the imports.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:42 PM, cmatthes said:

USA Hamers are Imperial spec.

In 94 hardware was Schaller, and I'm pretty sure it was all metric – being made in Germany. Wilkinson stuff should be metric too.

New Hartford builds are more random, most hardware being chosen on a whim… seemingly.

My 1991 has a Gotoh stopbar, and 2001 has either a Schaller or Gotoh stopbar. Both have Schaller TOMs. All are metric. Haven't checked my 2004 Super Pro, but since it's pre-TonePros switch (and appears to have identical hardware to the 2001 Artist), I assume it's Schaller and metric as well.

Archived