Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A Few MIJ Guitars For Sale - Tokai, Momose (Sold), Edwards (SOLD), Ornetts (Sold)

Ready to let a few of my MIJ Collection go

Let's start at the top, a 2002 Tokai LS-320. For me, the early-mid 2000s LS-320 are the top of the heap. A 2003 LS-320 (purchased in 2005) was my very first MIJ guitar and it is still with me today (and will always be). Many single cuts of all types and prices have passed through my hands and though some were close, none have knocked my 320 from the top.

I picked up this 2002 last year and can honestly say that if blindfolded, I could not tell the difference between it and my other 320. Feel, playability, tone is all the same. I had some thoughts about using this one as a platform test out high end pickups and may still go down that road. But, for now, I'm making it available.

You probably know the specs, but for the uninitiated, it has a AAAA solid flame maple cap on a 1-piece Honduras mahogany body and 1 piece Honduras mahogany neck. The fretboard is Brazilian. Pickups are the original Seth Lovers (which are a fantastic match with the LS-320) with Tone Factory PIO caps. The finish is Tokai's Violin Burst and very thin lacquer.

Condition wise is very good, though there is some playwear including some nicks on the corners. But the guitar is completely solid with no breaks or repairs.

The weight is a solid 9.5 pounds. I would describe the neck as a comfortable '59 shape and size. You will notice that there are no fret end nibs on this one. I guess whoever ordered this wanted it this way, there is no evidence of a refret. The measurements are:

Width at the Nut - 1 11/16" Width at the 12th Fret - 2 1/16" Depth at the Nut - 7/8" Depth at the 12th Fret - 15/16"

Original Hard Shell Case is included. $2,750 Shipped/Paypal'd

More Pics here - https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AD6VyTJArdh92tM&id=577CFC4E3D45D182!16440&cid=577CFC4E3D45D182

y4mNcMNEHVRAdTKNoTb_1tPhcQA332HoV7E-mO8q

y4mx9-lxCQsfuQVpGb_3rorkUz8zNII5LxdnGP2G

The Momose is SOLD!

Next is a 2017 Momose MTL2-STD/M in Natural finish - $1,500 Shipped NOW $1,250

It took me years to try out a Momose, but once I did, I was smitten. I bought this one and immediately found a Momose 10th Anniversary in a color that I prefer, so this natural finish is available.

The soft V neck shape and size is to die for. I almost can't stand to play a regular bolt-on C shape neck anymore. The Momose Twang 50 pickups are very true in tone to a vintage 50s pickup set.

Tho body is a gorgeous 2-piece Ash. The 1 piece maple neck has a modern 9.5" radius and tall frets, very easy to play. As I mentioned above, the shape is a thick soft V that just fits perfect in the hand.

Width at the nut - 1 5/8"

Width at the 12th fret - 2 1/16"

Depth at the nut - 15/16"

Depth at the 12th fret - 15/16"

It's a nice weight at 8.2 pounds.

I'll describe it as very good to excellent shape, but I honestly can't find a mark on it. Will ship in a nice padded gig bag. $1,250 Shipped/Paypal'd

Several pics here, teasers below (note, the tweed case in some of the pics is not included) - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXgYd9HCC2ELYCAozLwg?e=8JHbuO

y4mnELBvU05BicNhC91W6OaGcFySqzpDo7Qni6gI

y4mKZiQCVXnTXJkYox091GJFD4vqihU9PIeoJ_Y-

SOLD - Here we have an MIJ Edwards Strat from 2015. Edwards is an ESP brand that is made in Japan. I've owned many over the years and the quality is fantastic and very consistent. This particular guitar is no different. It has a 2 piece alder body in a 3 color tobacco sunburst and maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard. Electronics are traditional strat configuration with a 5 way switch and ESP pickups. The neck has a little flaming and the fretboard is a modern 9.5" radius. The neck is on the larger side for a strat, but not huge. The measurements are:

Width - 1 11/16" at the nut, 2 1/16" at the 12th fret.

Depth - 13/16" at the nut, 15/16" at the 12th fret.

Weight is 8.1 pounds.

It's in very good shape, I can only find 2 small cosmetic dings, 1 on the edge of the fretboard and one just below the bridge (both pictured). The original ESP gig-bag is included. It's in good functional shape, but has some tearing on the inside that has been taped up.

If you're looking for a great quality 60s style strat, you'll have a hard time finding a better one at this price. $775 Shipped SOLD

More pics here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXgY9iv1iPB1pChWMc4g?e=eextrQ

y4mCzGh6cYNXsA5sn2KXLmK4JhuS0IaFYc-N10mQ

y4m8iolXEPxHcoVBhGLvNFOB2BxGyKT6Az_GAJ_S

Ornetts is Pending.

Lastly1996 Ornetts GM-6 Double Cut 

This is one of the very first Ornetts models made. They started in the mid-90s and this was the top of the heap. Incredible quilt top with original zebra pickups coupled with a rosewood fretboard and real shell inlays. And I love the herringbone binding around the body and headstock. The neck looks to be a 5-piece with mahogany and 2 small strips of darker wood.

The amber quilt top is a veneer over solid maple cap.

This guitar is a great player and is built to the highest standards in Japan. It's one that is rarely seen. I'm assuming that the pickups are Ornetts made, I find them to be a little hotter than a typical PAF.

It's pretty solid at 9.5 pounds. I'd describe the neck as a comfortable '59, not thin at all. The measurements are:

Width at the nut - 1 11/16"
Depth at the nut - 7/8"

The guitar will come in a high quality padded gig bag. $850 Shipped/Paypal'd

Several pics here, a few teasers below - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXwjFkP6GmAt0RGyuS?e=11ch8g

y4m99C4x-mI2Tbuk4mh0X-_SGwdWDDndmESZl3MP

y4mNlnHpYfE0HyapdSZ7nutcYpJm7n0-ykmtiFrv

8 hours ago, currypowder said:

Next is a 2017 Momose MTL2-STD/M in Natural finish - $1,500 Shipped NOW $1,250

It took me years to try out a Momose, but once I did, I was smitten. I bought this one and immediately found a Momose 10th Anniversary in a color that I prefer, so this natural finish is available.

The soft V neck shape and size is to die for. I almost can't stand to play a regular bolt-on C shape neck anymore. The Momose Twang 50 pickups are very true in tone to a vintage 50s pickup set.

Tho body is a gorgeous 2-piece Ash. The 1 piece maple neck has a modern 9.5" radius and tall frets, very easy to play. As I mentioned above, the shape is a thick soft V that just fits perfect in the hand.

Width at the nut - 1 5/8"

Depth at the nut - 15/16"

It's a nice weight at 8.2 pounds.

I'll describe it as very good to excellent shape, but I honestly can't find a mark on it. Will ship in a nice padded gig bag. $1,250 Shipped/Paypal'd

Several pics here, teasers below (note, the tweed case in some of the pics is not included) - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoLRRT1O_HxXgYd9HCC2ELYCAozLwg?e=8JHbuO

y4mnELBvU05BicNhC91W6OaGcFySqzpDo7Qni6gI

y4mKZiQCVXnTXJkYox091GJFD4vqihU9PIeoJ_Y-

Beautiful!!

13 hours ago, RobB said:

All beautiful examples. Curry knows Japanese guitars. I’ve purchased three (and more in thee future, most likely) from him, and each transaction has been great. 

That Edwards, geez...

Thanks Rob!

Each of these guitars punch way above their weight, IMO, as long as you're not too worried about the name on the headstock.

Archived