Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Daddy O's paint job on my Steve Stevens

Tough to see, as the pic is pretty small and won't expand.  What's the headstock look like?

1 hour ago, Tony Obrohta said:

What do Y'all think?  So glad to have this guitar back in form.  It rocks!IMG_4181.jpg.8391dffe608a1156f76666309a4b8ee7.jpg

Hi Tony.  Looks like you took that photo with my ancient Samsung G4.  Any way you can post a higher resolution photo?

23 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Sorry matey, I can’t make out what it’s painted as - is it the Martian surface? Or my chin when I was 16?

Bullet wounds?

Kind of opens ones imagination for sure! But it’s a killer look!! Nice and WELCOME!!

6 hours ago, RobB said:

Who is, “Daddy O?”

Daddy O is my dad.  He's painted mostly cars his whole life but he's retired now and needed a project.  My Hamer had been sitting in my closet for the last 20 years in disrepair. I never really thought I needed it since I was playing for mostly country music artists.  I ended up working for Peter Cetera for the last 5 years and now Big and Rich, and Cetera's gig made me realize I was missing that 80's hot rod of a guitar in my arsenal. The Floyd was shot, I pilfered the pickups for other guitars, etc.  Ever since I put it back together it's pretty much the only guitar I play.  Got tired of fighting Strats and wrestling with my Les Paul.  The only guitar I have that rivals my SS is my Townshend SG.

My wife thought it was real wood!  (No inappropriate jokes, please!)  The finish makes me think of sunspots, which is cool, because it gives you a good excuse to wear sunglasses on stage!

7 hours ago, Tony Obrohta said:

Daddy O is my dad.  He's painted mostly cars his whole life but he's retired now and needed a project.  

He did a great job. Very convincing, and unique.

7 hours ago, Tony Obrohta said:

...fighting Strats and wrestling with my Les Paul. 

There's the title of your next solo outing. It's GOLD, Jerry!

Archived