Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: 2002 Gibson R8 Les Paul SOLD!!

I don't have any excuses with the stuff that is coming up. I have what I want and I want what I have, I just have other non guitar related stuff I want to get done between now and 50.  

2001 R8: I purchased this one from CME a few years back. It came in off the road by a player that needed a Strat. It has seen plenty of touring and has authentic wear, but no breaks, cracks or repairs. The tuners had been changed over to Grovers, no additional holes were added and the holes that were left over had been professionally filled and colored. That was the only modification that was done before it got to me. I changed the pickups to 90's Classic 57's, the bridge is from the early 90's and the neck is from the later 90's. They matched in output and sounds great together in the middle position. The Bridge is 8.6 I do believe and the neck is 8.1. I do not have the original Burstbuckers, but they were just so muddy, it came with a 3 in the bridge and a 2 in the neck. I also upgraded the harness thanks to Murkat, the original harness is included and will come with the guitar. The guitar comes with Brown Gibson OEM Case. 

Condition: It has its share of bumps and bruises, dings and scratches. I love that the wear was earned and not faked, I love the little pick dings between the pickups and most of all the uniqueness of the top. Line a 100 Les Pauls on the wall and you will be able to tell yours from the others. I know, that is how I located this one on the wall at CME. It was lost in a sea of burst, until I walked passed it high on the wall and the top moved as I passed it. 

I had the frets leveled and the guitar set up after I got it by my friends Josh. He also made a new bone nut since the original was cracked longways through it. The guitar looks great, plays great and I stopped with those pickups when I heard those Les Paul Tones I was hearing in my head. I think you will be pleased with this one, you can always make it your own. 

Yes, Yes, you want to know how much it weighs. 8.36lbs. No chambers here. $2650 Shipping and PayPal included. 

ppGTPzdl.jpg
aFeRkfVl.jpg
wtzTRbul.jpg
q8zVq5Ql.jpg
h8klpR9l.jpg
r1mUiTil.jpg
Hqske9Kl.jpg
0nwmUIOl.jpg
kA99Iyfl.jpg
NErUr7Dl.jpg
HHN7r8Gl.jpg
CK0E6o7l.jpg
tvlj1cYl.jpg
R7iwhSnl.jpg

1 hour ago, cynic said:

I'd always figured I'd own that one some day.

Some day.

Yeah, I’ve got my eye on the honeyburst Les Paul special he’s got... 😉

5 minutes ago, Travis said:

Yeah, I’ve got my eye on the honeyburst Les Paul special he’s got... 😉

Its next on the block, if you serious hit me up. 

@kizanski , nailed it. Probably left a little money not the table, but it is going to be a good fit. I just have to be at my best and hit the 90 day review with my stripes and it will all be good. May, possibly have come in strong enough to land on first shift. That is not set in stone, but that would be kick ass. 

9 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Its next on the block, if you serious hit me up. 

@kizanski , nailed it. Probably left a little money not the table, but it is going to be a good fit. I just have to be at my best and hit the 90 day review with my stripes and it will all be good. May, possibly have come in strong enough to land on first shift. That is not set in stone, but that would be kick ass. 

Ahh...  dammit. I’ve got my guitar cash tied up in two different projects right now. Had I known you were gonna put it up I would’ve put that shit on hold...

glad to hear the interview went well. We should meet halfway for a beer again soon. This time it’ll be on me as a congratulations for the new job. 

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Ahh...  dammit. I’ve got my guitar cash tied up in two different projects right now. Had I known you were gonna put it up I would’ve put that shit on hold...

glad to hear the interview went well. We should meet halfway for a beer again soon. This time it’ll be on me as a congratulations for the new job. 

Sounds like a plan, looks like the Haze opened for outdoor limited seating. 

4 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Sounds like a plan, looks like the Haze opened for outdoor limited seating. 

Awesome!  Let’s do it!

Archived