Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ok, why didn`t someone tell me how awesome Godin guitars are years ago!! I have been waiting for a 1st year(2007) Godin Redline 1 to come up that was in great condition. Alas, I found one. They only came in 1 color for the 1st year, black graphite with a satin finish. Dang, those dudes from the north can build some fantastic guitars!! 24.75 scale neck and 22 frets, the next year they had 24 frets and changed the headstock logo and some other things, that`s why I wanted a first year one. Came with a Godin quality Gigbag as well.  What a serious quality instrument!!

Godin Redline 1.jpg

Godin Redline 1-2.jpg

Godin Redline 1-3.jpg

Godin Redline 1-4.jpg

Godin Redline 1-5.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I was contemplating a NGD, too, after I found a Godin SDxt for $300 at Atomic Music.

This is somewhat what mine looks like, except the edge on mine isn't quite so dark, and I have quilted maple instead of flamed.

Fantastic guitar.  Godins *are* dang good.

So congrats on your find!

yrhsquq2ikncdniinm3r.jpg

Edited by Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame
  • Like 5

Great bang for the buck!   Godin makes so many guitars under different brands too:  my first acoustic was a Simon & Patrick, my classical is a La Patrie Concert.  They also make Seagull, Norman, and Art & Lutherie, as well as Tric cases.

Edited by HamerCustomEr
  • Like 3

Congrats on the snag, I saw that at DGS, great price and great looker!  I was tempted myself, even though I'm not into active EMG pickups.

"Alas, I found one."  As in "Alas, poor Yorick"?  :wacko: :huh:  Shouldn't that be "Yippee" or "Hooray, I found one" instead?  ;)

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, crunchee said:

"Alas, I found one."  As in "Alas, poor Yorick"?  :wacko: :huh:  Shouldn't that be "Yippee" or "Hooray, I found one" instead?  ;)

How about, "At last, I found one."

• Like 3

Ya, I bought it from Daves. Really great to deal with, I highly recommend them. I am really wanting an accustic lately and will look into all of their brands. I love the quality for the money. Thanks fellas!!

• Like 2

Congrats on your NGD!!  Godin makes a fine guitar for the price; unfortunately, their resale value mirrors Hamer's.....  I have a Godin Core CT P90 and it is a fabulous guitar.  It covers so much more territory than most  P90-equipped guitars. 

DSCN5208.JPG

• Like 6
7 hours ago, black magic said:

Ok, why didn`t someone tell me how awesome Godin guitars are years ago!! I have been waiting for a 1st year(2007) Godin Redline 1 to come up that was in great condition. Alas, I found one. They only came in 1 color for the 1st year, black graphite with a satin finish. Dang, those dudes from the north can build some fantastic guitars!! 24.75 scale neck and 22 frets, the next year they had 24 frets and changed the headstock logo and some other things, that`s why I wanted a first year one. Came with a Godin quality Gigbag as well.  What a serious quality instrument!!

Godin Redline 1.jpg

Godin Redline 1-2.jpg

Godin Redline 1-3.jpg

Godin Redline 1-4.jpg

Godin Redline 1-5.jpg

Short scale, single hum shredder. That has your name written all over it. I prefer a fixed bridge myself and I love that finish. Congrats!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bondedbybrick said:

Congrats on your NGD!!  Godin makes a fine guitar for the price; unfortunately, their resale value mirrors Hamer's.....  I have a Godin Core CT P90 and it is a fabulous guitar.  It covers so much more territory than most  P90-equipped guitars. 

DSCN5208.JPG

Ooh, I like that!

• Like 2

A bunch of years ago the Godin Icon Type 3 was being blown out everywhere online. Triple (Lollar) P-90s were tempting but I had no clue who or what a Godin was. 

9855979E-8C69-4749-809D-41E80A61EFFE.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a sweet ride,  although I definitely prefer the aesthetic of an in-line headstock on dinky and shredder bodies. Btw, the Godin/LaSiDo origins of the Zion Radicaster are quite obvious in the shape of that Redline.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Montelovesco said:

Not another brand to check out. Please. 
I hate this place. 😎

Seriously: Any models with a special „HFC approved“ sticker on them?

I mean - they even do this:

https://godinguitars.com/product/godin-picks-checkerboard-71mm-medium-12-pack

I think Robert Godin actually gives a shit about the quality of the guitars that come out of his factories. While not all of the designs catch my eye, I have yet to play an instrument made under his name that wasn't built with attention to detail and an emphasis on quality.

I recently picked up a small bodied Seagull acoustic for plucking on in the living room, and while I detest the headstock profile, the damn thing  has a build quality that I've not seen on any other guitar in its price range.

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Montelovesco said:

Not another brand to check out. Please. 
I hate this place. 😎

Seriously: Any models with a special „HFC approved“ sticker on them?

I mean - they even do this:

https://godinguitars.com/product/godin-picks-checkerboard-71mm-medium-12-pack

Way cool!

Godin_DAndrea_pics_checker.jpg

• Like 3

Yep. Godins are fantastic quality. Who even thought of the headstocks design! Years ago, I would have passed because of that headstock, but maturity sais the guitars are way too nice for the price now!!