Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Hamer Firebird Prototype on eBay?

Nobody’s justified the seller’s price yet.

Cool Guitar yes! That one was discussed here and elsewhere quite a while ago and unless your a HUGE fan of RATT is likely going nowhere fast at that price.

This guy's description is hilarious, although is English is much better than my Russian.

"I live in a guitar world for more than 15 years ..."

This reminds me of the dream that Homer Simpson has where he lives in a land of chocolate!

This line is my favourite, though.

"Dings and dongs all over because it was used live. "

I heard that Ratt had a lot of groupies, but I didn't realize that most of them were dudes.

RE Robbin Crosby: Ratt's eponymous album came out when I was a freshman in college.  I honestly paid only minor attention as college brought a deluge of new music styles to which I had never been exposed and I was obsessed with listening to absolutely everything that wasn't Lynrd Skynrd or Bob Seger.  I was familiar with a few of their hits (the MTV-hits, that is), but that was about the limit of it.  I knew from the covers of guitar magazines the guitarist was Warren DiMartini, you know, the dude with the snakeskin guitar.  I might have been aware of a second guitarist, but only peripherally and had read Robbin Crosby's name on this board because of guitars like this but really hadn't dug in very much. 

This week, through this video, I became aware of what I'd missed:

That's some pretty sophisticated chord work (if you haven't checked out David Brewster's "Chordplay" videos, you're missing out).  Thinking back, I'd heard the riffs, but it had not registered on me all that was going on.

At any rate, this is me, again making up for lost time and revisiting more and more stuff I missed the first time around.  I thought since we were on the topic of Robbin Crosby, some of you might enjoy the video, as well. 

20 hours ago, velorush said:

RE Robbin Crosby: Ratt's eponymous album came out when I was a freshman in college.  I honestly paid only minor attention as college brought a deluge of new music styles to which I had never been exposed and I was obsessed with listening to absolutely everything that wasn't Lynrd Skynrd or Bob Seger.  I was familiar with a few of their hits (the MTV-hits, that is), but that was about the limit of it.  I knew from the covers of guitar magazines the guitarist was Warren DiMartini, you know, the dude with the snakeskin guitar.  I might have been aware of a second guitarist, but only peripherally and had read Robbin Crosby's name on this board because of guitars like this but really hadn't dug in very much. 

This week, through this video, I became aware of what I'd missed:

That's some pretty sophisticated chord work (if you haven't checked out David Brewster's "Chordplay" videos, you're missing out).  Thinking back, I'd heard the riffs, but it had not registered on me all that was going on.

At any rate, this is me, again making up for lost time and revisiting more and more stuff I missed the first time around.  I thought since we were on the topic of Robbin Crosby, some of you might enjoy the video, as well. 

Thanks for sharing. I love Ratt and I never knew those riffs were Robins. Way cool. He says "aggression". But I've always heard soul and RnB in those riffs too. So full of expression and way beyond your ordinary 80's metal riffs. The only riff that comes close in my book is Jake E Lees Bark at the Moon riff (Ratt connection right there).  I also hear Curtis Mayfield and the Impressions in those riffs. Curtis played a bit like that. Listen to how he plays People Get Ready for instance. It's just very soulful, yet aggressive riffs. Robin and Warren are truly two of my greatest influences, together with Scott and Robo. Same soulful playing and melodic approach to soloing. 

Archived