Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Apparently hamer specials have jumped in price.

The seller of the black Special is clearly a) deranged, and b) thumbing his nose at those mocking him here.
It was listed at $4,000 yesterday, and now it's $7,000 so he's not going to let "experts" tell him what his guitar is worth.
I would pay some attention to the experts, though, if I were him.  He has it listed as a 1980 when it is actually an '82, but I guess RARE 38 YEAR OLD GUITAR doesn't hold the same pizzazz and grab as many eyeballs.

45 minutes ago, kizanski said:

The seller of the black Special is clearly a) deranged, and b) thumbing his nose at those mocking him here.
It was listed at $4,000 yesterday, and now it's $7,000 so he's not going to let "experts" tell him what his guitar is worth.
I would pay some attention to the experts, though, if I were him.  He has it listed as a 1980 when it is actually an '82, but I guess RARE 38 YEAR OLD GUITAR doesn't hold the same pizzazz and grab as many eyeballs.

sent him this;

Nice guitar. But only 38 years old.
Any chance you could send me copies of messages and comments you get about the guitar? I'm sure they are hilarious.
Thanks
Doug
P.S. when and if you get around to listing this with a realistic price feel free to contact me. I would be interested at market value.

"Hamer Special USA 1980 - Black RARE 40 YEAR OLD GUITAR. Condition is Used but in fairly good condition. Few nicks and scratches as shown in the picture. Playable condition.
Shipped in padded box with UPS Ground."

Translation:
Black Hamer Special from 1980, I think, so let's go with that because IT'S 40 YEARS OLD!!
Condition is used but in fairly good condition, which is vague enough, I guess, considering "fairly good" is open to about a million interpretations, so...yeah.
Few nicks and scratches - hey, I said FAIRLY GOOD! - what are you, a lawyer or something? Look at the pictures of the black guitar with the blinding camera flashes!
Playable condition, but hey, it's seven grand! I'm not going to sell you junk!
Shipped in a padded box, because there's no case.  That's another two grand, cheapskate! 
UPS Ground, (you want express shipping for only seven grand??) so expect your new 30-40 year old guitar to bounce around in the back of a truck for several days so that we can be sure to snap that skinny vintage Hamer neck in several places.

Just now, crunchee said:

First listing's in Japan, I'd bet the "seller" doesn't even have that guitar, they're probably just doing the Japanese "middleman" thing that seems to be way too popular on Ebay anymore.

The second listing is from outer fucking space.

Edited slightly.

2 hours ago, Menehune said:

Likely as G Man said, appeasing the wife. He better hope she doesn't decide to do her own pricing research when it doesn't sell.

*SHUDDERS*

They can do that?  

TERRIFYING thought!  🤣

What's the old trope, 'If I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my guitars for what I told her I paid for them'...?

This is really weird 😄 I got a mail from spain yesterday asking if I wanted to buy this guitar, from Spain. Oh, the scammers out there, they never end.

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, Disturber said:

This is really weird 😄 I got a mail from spain yesterday asking if I wanted to buy this guitar, from Spain. Oh, the scammers out there, they never end.

s-l1600.jpg

Did you buy it? 

2 hours ago, Sugartune said:

Did you buy it? 

I mailed him this morning:
"
I can pay 2000 Euro for the guitar. Is that okay. Plus shipping.

I have funds locked up at my bank that expires in January 2021. There is a 500 Euro fee to access the fund early.
Can you please lend me the 500 euros, and I will get access to my money right now. Then I will do a bank transfer
back to you in a few days. For the 2000 for the guitar, plus shipping and the 500 euros you lended to me. 
I hope we can work it out. The guitar looks great!

best;
"

Got a reply just now 🙂
"
Hello

what are you trying to do? i don,t understand your mail
"

Hmm, yeah. That makes total sense. Something I’d jump on, like that time I bought those Armani jackets out of a van in an outlet mall parking lot. Turns out they were “Armeni”. 

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 7:57 AM, Hbom said:

sent him this;

Nice guitar. But only 38 years old.
Any chance you could send me copies of messages and comments you get about the guitar? I'm sure they are hilarious.
Thanks
Doug
P.S. when and if you get around to listing this with a realistic price feel free to contact me. I would be interested at market value.

Reply: Thanks for reaching out. Only got one other message. Just said why the high price? I said because I am not sure I want to part with it. He said well you have nothing to worry about then. Haha. What price would interest you? And I thought it was 1980.

So I told him about prices asked and guitars sold on ebay & reverb and explained the dating system and he responded;

This helps a great deal. I really appreciate all of the info and time you spent to explain this. If I decide to lower the price I will reach out to you.

So I'm guessing that like many Hamer owners, He's

Old_man_fishing.jpg

Archived