Hamer Fan Club Message Center

ThunderRoad Guitars has some Hamers for sale

48 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Now that studio has me weak in the knees. 

That got my attention really quick!! I’d love to hear how that sit’s in a mix!!!

Formerly from the collection of an HFC’er...

The Standard has a Kahler it seems. Nevertheless, it’s tempting. 

• 4 months later...

Hey HFC'ers, Does anyone have any knowledge about that Vector?

TL;DR: 1. Are those original pickups? 2. Has the nut been replaced? 3. Fair market price?

I got back into playing guitar last fall and when I took my guitars into ThunderRoad Guitars to get cleaned up/properly setup the first guitar that caught my eye was that Vector; It was love at first sight for me. I have been trying to ignore it because of the cost, but finally played it this last weekend and I want it even more now. I just finalized a refi on my house and in the process that means I get to skip a months mortgage payment. So you see where this is heading. But before I would invest in a guitar like this I would love to know more about it. In doing research on Hamer guitars I came across this awesome community, so it seemed like a great place to ask.

"This model features a fixed Hamer bridge, unmarked neck pickup w/ copper / gold bottom and a Dimarzio DP155 in the bridge..." Would these be original pickups? From my initial research I would have thought the bridge would be a zebra pickup, but I am not an expert on these matters.

Any thoughts on the paint chipping on the headstock? Specifically the missing paint all along the nut? Was that nut replaced at some point?

One commenter above indicated they thought these guitars were overpriced. Any thoughts on what NOT overpriced looks like for that Vector? Because the listed price is still out of my budget (I am considering doing a trade-in to be able to get it).

Thanks in advance for any help/info. The more research I do on Hamer guitars the more excited I am about them. I just ordered the book "The Ultimate: An Illustrated History of Hamer Guitars" which will be arriving tomorrow.

1 hour ago, VectorSpector said:

TL;DR: 1. Are those original pickups? 2. Has the nut been replaced? 3. Fair market price?

I got back into playing guitar last fall and when I took my guitars into ThunderRoad Guitars to get cleaned up/properly setup the first guitar that caught my eye was that Vector; It was love at first sight for me. I have been trying to ignore it because of the cost, but finally played it this last weekend and I want it even more now. I just finalized a refi on my house and in the process that means I get to skip a months mortgage payment. So you see where this is heading. But before I would invest in a guitar like this I would love to know more about it. In doing research on Hamer guitars I came across this awesome community, so it seemed like a great place to ask.

"This model features a fixed Hamer bridge, unmarked neck pickup w/ copper / gold bottom and a Dimarzio DP155 in the bridge..." Would these be original pickups? From my initial research I would have thought the bridge would be a zebra pickup, but I am not an expert on these matters.

Any thoughts on the paint chipping on the headstock? Specifically the missing paint all along the nut? Was that nut replaced at some point?

One commenter above indicated they thought these guitars were overpriced. Any thoughts on what NOT overpriced looks like for that Vector? Because the listed price is still out of my budget (I am considering doing a trade-in to be able to get it).

Thanks in advance for any help/info. The more research I do on Hamer guitars the more excited I am about them. I just ordered the book "The Ultimate: An Illustrated History of Hamer Guitars" which will be arriving tomorrow.

Welcome to the Rabbit Hole. Hang on to your wallet!

7 hours ago, VectorSpector said:

Not original bridge pickup... DiMarzio dp155 is a Tone Zone

2 hours ago, Pieman said:

Is that a Studio or a Mirage I? Although my Mirage II has a tremolo.

H/S/S studio. Horns are shaped differently on the Mirage. And yes, Mirages came stock with the Wilkinson VSV trem. Although, there’s an H/S/S Mirage with a sustain block out there worthy of a boner...

Archived