Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Partscaster Motivational

velorush

...and I haven't even finished the one I'm working on.  But this is such a cool idea.  I've seen it tried before but this is the first time I've seen it actually work:

Now I'm contemplating an Esquire with "Helmcaster" on the headstock (cause Bondcaster would be, in the word of Jol, "too obvious.").

ETA: reference material

matt-helm-the-wrecking-crew-movie-poster

1) brad paisley is a monster player and his tone is absolutely killer in this clip

2) my thought on the esquire is that part of the allure is only having one pickup, with no neck pickup getting in the way of the signal chain/magnet affecting the string vibration/etc.  That’s why I’m building an esquire partscaster. 

I get that the neck pickup under the pickguard is going to have a lower output and less pull on the strings. But I guess I don’t get it. If you want two pickups, why not get a telecaster?  If you want one pickup, get an esquire. If you want the versatility of a telecaster with the look of the esquire, why not get over how stuff looks and play what you want...?

i keed, I keed....

In all seriousness, I think point 2. is key. Are we to believe Brad, that the neck pickup is so constructed / so configured that it has little (no effect would deny the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle) effect on the tone and response of the bridge pickup, or is this just marketing fluff? 

I’ve been on the TDPRI long enough that I’ve seen the concept come up before, always dismissed as ‘can’t effectively be done,’ or, met with the argument above, ‘why not just play aTele?’

I’m immature enough to think a secret stealth pickup setting would be a cool option so long as it sounds good. 

Archived