Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone Whoosh!?

gorch

They made another great album. It seems the older they get the better they grow. Last three albums were fabulous. 
My favorite title is Nothing At All. I love the baroque style guitar and organ handshake in it.

Other than that it’s Deep Purple greatness. I couldn’t say about a bad song.

10 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

LOVE Morse tracking his solo live with the band then back to rhythm! Old school.

In that terms, he is a greatly complete guitarist. He also emerged himself completely into the DP style playing over the years. He’d been sounding much different when he had been started with the band.

Last album I got from deep purple was purpindicular which *think* was Morse’s first with them. Every now and then I throw it on and am reminded how great some of those songs are. 

10 hours ago, gorch said:

They made another great album. It seems the older they get the better they grow. Last three albums were fabulous. 

Agreed. I’m pretty sure the last 3 DP albums have been produced by Bob Ezrin. If a band has something going for it, Ezrin usually finds a way to get it on record. 

I saw them a year ago when concerts were still a thing.   They were REALLY good!  Much better than at the RnRHOF induction ceremony, which suffered from strained, barely perceptible vocals and Steve messed up ... yes ... the intro to “Smoke on the Water”!  

58 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Steve messed up

You take that back or a Heritage bumper sticker is somehow going to end up on your car, your wife's car, and your kids' cars.  It won't be me doing it, but you better be careful what you say from now on. 

• 1 month later...

Listening for weeks now and I can‘t stop.

I love the baroque playing in Nothing At All. What a a wonderful song.

The only album I ever bought by them is Perfect Strangers (which I love).  I read a few positive reviews on Whoosh! and gave it a shot on Spotify and I thought it was really good.  A couple of the reviews mentioned they were on a roll with Bob Ezrin as the producer and that the previous two albums were good too, so I checked those out and was pleasantly surprised.  The old Deep Purple had too many "two verses and everybody solo for 7 minutes" songs.  They were all stellar musicians but it was like a hard rock jam band to me.

Archived