Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Our lead singer is BACK!

Disturber

Our lead singer has a small house in Spain where he spends some time every year. He and his family got caught there in the Spanish lockdown. From March until July. His wife then went home with two of their kids in August, and he stayed with their oldest for a few more weeks.

He came back to town this monday. We have rehearsed two nights in a row, Wednesday and Thursday. Game is on again! Life IS good. Six months without playing together, we pretty much nailed the songs on the first run through. That felt totally awesome. Music is life. I really missed this!

1 hour ago, sixesandsevens said:

.....is your friend exceedingly well off financially, or just spends his money and time better than I do?

Microphones are cheap, relatively speaking.

3 hours ago, sixesandsevens said:

I need to reorient my thinking and finances so I can have a "small house in Spain" that I visit every year.

Not to get too personal, but is your friend exceedingly well off financially, or just spends his money and time better than I do?  :D 

I think due to the fact that he met his wife when he was like 16, and they bought their first little house together here in Stockholm at a young age. Then moved to a house that was a bit bigger. Had the mortages we all have. Got two kids. Sold the house and moved to a rental appartment in the city. In 15 years or so the house prices here had gone up so much that they made a little profit - big enough to buy a place in Spain. When the Spanish economy was way down hill some years ago and the house market was way down over there. Spain had a major slump in their economy around 2008 and for some years after that. So, they have done good. But that is by staying together as a cuple.

19 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

So, they paid the price!

Yeah. I just moved out from the woman I lived with. Could not stand the every day drama. Great lady, but I don't know what the thing is with womens mood swings.

Great news! Have to love it when a valued and integral member of the band returns! Especially a singer!!!

I'd love to have our old singer come back but will settle instead for my buddy and (original) builder of the Burrito guitars, Chris, returning to his co-guitarist duties. That's 3/5 of the old Splitstream band back now with a new, competent and well-dispositioned drummer. Finding a decent singer is f*cking impossible. 😬

62083747105__7C6E0B4F-7487-45CB-A530-DCEC043FD7ED.jpeg

Archived