Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Godzilla Cali’s Creation

diablo175

Though no longer in my possession/collection, this was my first custom finished guitar that just happened to also be my first reversed headstock Cali! Fascinating step-by-step breakdown of how it came to life.

https://mikelearn.com/how-to-godzilla-unleashed/

3 minutes ago, DBraz said:

It's awesome.  What an absolutely brilliant bit of art by a modern master of his field.

It should be pointed out that DBraz gets credit for bringing this to my attention initially. Many thanks, mate!

Mike Learn is a true artist and a really good guy. He is good friends with the guys from Texas Toast guitars in Colorado. He is on their YouTube pretty regularly at times. My next guitar will be a new TT guitar of some kind. If you can dream it, they will build it. I can`t wait. I am thinking of something crazy right now.

27 minutes ago, black magic said:

Mike Learn is a true artist and a really good guy. He is good friends with the guys from Texas Toast guitars in Colorado. He is on their YouTube pretty regularly at times. My next guitar will be a new TT guitar of some kind. If you can dream it, they will build it. I can`t wait. I am thinking of something crazy right now.

So, being a complete and utter fanatic for new (to me) custom guitar builders, I had to take a look. REALLY nice stuff but as always, my age shows through in my inability to come to grips with those head stocks. Intellectually, I KNOW I should move on and appreciate the fine craftsmanship and attention to detail. But the old fart in me wants to see the correct, traditional head stock. Maybe it's some form of OCD? I dunno. I just know that I can more readily accept it IF it has a correct or close-to-correct style head stock. :P

Looking forward to when you initiate your build! Any hints as to what it's leaning towards?

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 2:51 PM, diablo175 said:

So, being a complete and utter fanatic for new (to me) custom guitar builders, I had to take a look. REALLY nice stuff but as always, my age shows through in my inability to come to grips with those head stocks. Intellectually, I KNOW I should move on and appreciate the fine craftsmanship and attention to detail. But the old fart in me wants to see the correct, traditional head stock. Maybe it's some form of OCD? I dunno. I just know that I can more readily accept it IF it has a correct or close-to-correct style head stock. :P

Looking forward to when you initiate your build! Any hints as to what it's leaning towards?

I totally respect that man. They will make any body style or headstock style you want. In fact, I`m probably have an X-Bird made. A Firebird body with an Explorer headstock, 1 Hum, all oiled walnut, etc.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 2:51 PM, diablo175 said:

7 minutes ago, black magic said:

I totally respect that man. They will make any body style or headstock style you want. In fact, I`m probably have an X-Bird made. A Firebird body with an Explorer headstock, 1 Hum, all oiled walnut, etc.

Damn. Not what I need to hear when I've already got 2 custom builds in the works and need to start thinking about downsizing the collection once I retire early this coming June. :P

Archived