Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD/Getting a lost love back

Selling a guitar, feeling bad about it and trying to get it back - a common story, I know.  Happened to me once with a Peavey Generation I sold on ebay and got it back from the buyer a few years later via ebay, too. This Peavey was one of three guitars I sold during the last years and regretted it shortly after.

The second one was the US made Dean Soltero MGH I sold in 2013 to raise funds for our first RV US trip. I got it via ebay, liked it, but not so much that I did keep it. 

Fast forward a year or two: Remorse kicks in. Reaching out to the buyer to get it back, no luck. Running into one on CL, and activating the HFC to help me out. Our own @Toadroller drove his old Audi to the seller, but no luck here, too.

Fast forward another year or two: Buyer still doesn‘t want to sell.

Summer 2020, Campground in Paris, checking my ebay search list, and what pops up? I guess you all can guess the rest. The guitar is back again - for way more than I got for when I sold it the first time, but what the heck.

484AAED1-609B-47CF-B1CC-F8A592C61D03.jpeg

6BC464B8-62CE-4092-87F0-AF8991F53BC9.jpeg

6480C51E-4D61-42E4-A885-2CE59A1FC505.jpeg

I know that Deans are somewhat controversial and I second that when it comes to the fork headstock (which this one has not) or to their shredder models/designs which I think are pretty tasteless/show no style at all. But the Soltero MGH (built in 2008) is a solid LP type of guitar, all Mahogany, with a wonderful V shaped neck (I may like it even better than my Tallys V neck), a great neck/body-transistion, lots of punch and great playability. You see them not so often, so if one pops up, give it a try (or let me know...).

Congrats. I still have remorse for selling that Schenker Vector with a broken headstock. The repair looked so so. But I wish I'd kept it. I would have had that repair fixed so it was invisible. Great sounding Vector. 😞

Congrats!  Cool story and a cool guitar. 

After hearing about that v-neck now I’m tempted to find one myself...

Archived