Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Several Guitars I Said I Would Never Sell - PRICE DROP!

If the thread title sounds familiar, that's because it is. Recycled, reused, and repeated because...
Yes.  We're doing this again.

Let me answer before you ask:

No, I'm not in financial trouble.
No, thank you, I am not interested in trades.
No, I will NOT describe its acoustic voice.
All prices are eBay/Reverb/TGP prices. If you're serious, we can deal.
Lots and lots of more photos are available. Just click on the photo of the guitar in question.
The Weight is a classic song by Canadian rock group The Band.
PayPal gift is preferred.
Shipping is extra, depending on where you live (lower 48 US only), but we can work something out.

2019 Fender Special Stratocaster Journeyman Relic - $????

Journeyman01.png

2004 Hamer Korina Special - $OLD

2005 F-Bird "HEMIBIRD" - $OLD

2012 FACKYO II Stratobird - $????

received_1331261796886441.jpg

2017 Fender LTD NAMM Custom Shop '51 Nocaster - $OLD

2015 Fackyo SCHARTER - $????

DSC_1793.jpg

1972 Fender Telecaster Thinline - $OLD

2002 Gene Baker B1 #612 - $????

DSCN7263.JPG

2008 Gibson Les Paul '58 Reissue R8-F - $OLD

2018 David Thomas McNaught Vintage Single Cut Diamond Top - $0LD

Email me with any questions, please. kiz AT hamerfanclub DOT com
I will update this thread with descriptions, facts and figures, etc as they are needed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, kizanski said:

2004 Hamer Korina Special - $2000

Sprucestainblockfull.jpg

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

2017 Fender LTD NAMM Custom Shop '51 Nocaster - $2500

2tsuTND.jpg

lizardo-scream.gif&f=1&nofb=1

2008 Gibson Les Paul '58 Reissue R8-F - $3750

R8F03.jpeg

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Can't

Process.

Must 

Not 

View.

By popular demand...

Today's Featured Guitar:

The 2015 Fackyo SCHARTER

DSC_1793.jpg

Being something of a Pete Townshend fanboi, I had a thing for the old Schecter PT Telecasters from back in the day.
At one point, I had four of them at once. There was a time when those later "Dallas" Schecter PTs were very affordable. 

DSCN5773.JPG

But those weren't the ones that Pete actually used (the angled volume and tone knobs is the most obvious clue) and the quality of them was all over the place, and usually not good.
The one that I really wanted was one of the original ones made in the late '70s, but they have always been pricey.  It just wasn't in the cards.

Ten or fifteen years went by after I had sold all of them when the bright idea hit me that I could build my own using high quality parts (like the ones made for Pete) and that way I'd have the "keeper" PT that I've always wanted but could never find or afford.

Of course, my new PT model would materialize under the FACKYO brand, maker of the Melocaster, Melecaster, the Fackyo II Stratobird (above) and the Fackoff Caretaker.
But what to call it?

I had originally wanted to call it the Fackyo SCREWFACER, but I ran it by this guy.

screwface.jpg

He wasn't impressed, in fact, his response was, "Come on...You're BETTER than this!"

Actually, I'm not.  That was the best I had.  Fortunately, @cmatthes is better, and he came up with SCHARTER.  Bullseye.

Now that it had a name, it had to be done. There was just no way around it now, so I started gathering parts; custom body and neck from Warmoth, custom pickups from Rio Grande, Electrosocket jack, Sperzel machines, custom decal (of course), custom FACKYO branded jack plate, Gotoh bridge and Straplocks.

CUSTOM BODY    
  Wood: Poplar
Binding: Cream Binding
Top Finish: Black Gloss
Back Finish: Black Gloss
CUSTOM NECK    
  Construction: Total Vintage Construction
Scale: 25-1/2"
Orientation: Right Handed
Neck Wood: 3A Birdseye Maple (One Piece)
Fingerboard Wood: 3A Birdseye Maple
Nut Width: 1-11/16"
Back Shape: 59 roundback
Fret Size: 6100
Tuner Ream: Sperzel (25/64")
Radius: 10-16" Compound
Fret #: 21
Mounting Holes: Standard 4 Bolt
Inlays: Black Face Dots
Side Dots: Black Side Dots
String Nut: White Corian - Standard Nut
Finish: Vintage Tint Gloss

DSC_1787.jpg

DSC_1779.jpg

DSC_1782.jpg

DSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1801.jpg

Curious how you like the Ancho Poblano pick ups in the Strat.  They sounded great in the Fender-posted videos when the reliced model came out around 2015-2016.. I noticed they started o put them in the Journeyman guitars. Do the the poles have different heights or are they flat?

17 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Curious how you like the Ancho Poblano pick ups in the Strat.  They sounded great in the Fender-posted videos when the reliced model came out around 2015-2016.. I noticed they started o put them in the Journeyman guitars. Do the the poles have different heights or are they flat?

The pole pieces are staggered.
I would be lying if I said I had spent a lot of time with this guitar run through an amplifier, so I can't wax poetic about the subtle nuances inherent to the Poblano pickups.
What I CAN tell you is that this is an extremely comfortable player. I used to have an actual '59 Stratocaster, and if it had played as well as this one (and it played really well) I might have kept it.

pickups.JPG

1 hour ago, Peter Studio Custom said:

Damn those are amazing guitars!  The keepers must be unbelievable!!!

i want to buy several of these but my bank account and other half would not approve sadly! 

that DTM is pretty rediculous looking

Like the old saying (or something like it) goes, "It's easier to ask for (or is the correct word "get"?) forgiveness than it is for permission".

Today's Featured Guitar:

1972 Fender Telecaster Thinline

IMG_7976.jpg

This guitar has a very long and not-so-distinguished history, but one thing you should know going in is that this is all @Jeff R's fault.

Back in 2004, Jeff REE-shard introduced me to an artist named Tab Benoit, who was starting a non-profit organization charged with raising awareness about the eroding Gulf Coast wetlands. This turned out to be prophetic on Tab's part because what no one knew at the time was that a little hurricane named Katrina would show up a year later.
"Voice of the Wetlands" needed a website, and Jeff put us in touch.  During this time I purchased every bit of Tab's music i could find and ate it up.

The next summer Jeff organized a Louisiana tour for me and @edgar_allan_poe which had so many moving parts, and which was executed so flawlessly and without incident, that orchestra leaders are legally obligated to address Jeff as Maestro. At one point we found ourselves sipping moonshine with Tab in his living room. 

-Me, August, 2005, in Tab's Houma, Louisiana backyard, fondling his '72 Thinline - one week before Hurricane Katrina, incidentally.

IMG_0683.JPG

I had to have a Thinline after that, and it had better be a sunburst finish '72.  Then this basket case of a wreck showed up on eBay.

So this shows up on eBay a year later. Just the body, pick guard, neck, tuning machines and OHSC.  If you look at the photos folder, you'll see the guitar in several states of assembly and disassembly.  This guitar was shown no consideration of care before I acquired it, and that's fine. 

BtRrK5gEWkKGrHqUH_CMEvsjKcE3JBL7RVMiIB_3

It's a Fender with a lot of honest wear and a good deal of abuse.
But it had its issues, too.

As I mentioned, I just bought the body and neck. It came with a black pick guard, but being a Tab Benoit fanboi, I wasn't interested in anything that wasn't like Tab's "Big Gun" which sported the pearloid version.

BvNt85wCGkKGrHqVikEv10GqzyBMDoEBJw_3.jpg

BtRrRMgEGkKGrHqYH_DQEvLhrFtiBL7RV4lupw_3

Yes, that's a single coil route in the middle position.  Apparently someone wanted to put the Nashville Tele spin on this Thinline. ho boy...
At least I didn't have to worry about ruining it.

I got as many parts I could directly from Fender; pickups, pick guard, knobs, etc.  I assembled it, but to be honest it wasn't that great a player.  It had the sound (even with me playing it) but the 7.25" neck radius, the small frets and the tons of polyurethane they poured on these necks, it was, in a word, "unpleasant."
Also, the juxtaposition of the beat-to-shit body and neck with the brand new pick guard and hardware was not a good visual fit.
IT didn't look good and it didn't play good.
So it sat, or hung, depending on the situation.

Years later when Jeff started building, repairing, modifying and restoring guitars professionally, I shipped it off to him and told him to go nuts.

It might seem redundant to tell a certified nut to "go nuts," but Jeff also happens to be extremely talented, focused and unwavering in his goal which is perfection.
No other person could have done this for me.   

IMG_7987.jpg

Aging all of the hardware, stripping a ton of poly off of the neck, leveling the board to more of a modern radius, re-fretting with jumbo frets, potting the pickups, splitting the coils, and on and on and on...

Check the photos folder and you'll see dozens and dozens of photos Jeffro snapped while toiling over this instrument.

And that's what it became - an instrument.

Jeff is and artist.

Oh, and he can play, too.

Then he had a buddy come check it out.

So maybe $2,250 sounds like a big ask for a guitar with this much...work...done to it, but there are a good deal of original '72 Thinlines out there for twice the price with which you probably couldn't get through a single "Mary Jane's Last Dance" during your gig at Buffalo Wild Wings.

7 minutes ago, kizanski said:

you probably couldn't get through a single "Mary Jane's Last Dance" during your gig at Buffalo Wild Wings.

So, that was you in the audience at our last gig! 😆

On a serious note, I love both the Scharter PT and the '72 Custom. Good Teles are worth their weight in gold.

I need to finish up my "SCHARTER" one of these days...

Today's Featured Guitar:

2005 F-Bird "HEMIBIRD"

Hemibirdup.jpg

So I have a thing for Firebirds, wrap tail bridges and big necks.  I also have a thing for applying recognizable logos/decals to guitars as a pseudo art form.
When I ordered this guitar, I was driving a Hemi Dodge pickup, so this made sense in my head. And the HEMIBIRD (always in CAPS, by the way) was born.

Later I would play with other ideas, like the Pontiac "screaming chicken" logo on a Flying V. 

gmpv2.jpg

Never did have that one built, though.

And of course, the Victim Explorer.

DSC_1754.jpg

Anyway, back to the HEMIBIRD.

The logo seemed like a natural, and then not so much, as my Photoshop mock-ups below clearly show.

idea.jpg

I'm sure glad I didn't go with three of those four above.

Eventually I got it and the boys at GMP nailed it, exactly. I had the guitar for months before I realized that they had painted the logo by hand - not with a decal or a stencil.
Very impressive.

Hemibirdlogo.jpg

Hemibirdback.jpg

If you like big necks, this one will not disappoint.
It's probably the only GMP you will ever find with a huge, early 50s Gibson style neck. It's big with a round back (insert dick joke here _____________).
Seymour Duncan Custom/Custom Custom pickups scaREAM in this thing. 

It's alotta mahogany, but not as heavy as you would think, coming in just an ounce under 10 pounds, but you can handle it.

DjoxFZFWwAEZGFY?format=jpg&name=small

Well, can ya, punk?

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Today's Featured Guitar:

2005 F-Bird "HEMIBIRD"

Hemibirdup.jpg

So I have a thing for Firebirds, wrap tail bridges and big necks.  I also have a thing for applying recognizable logos/decals to guitars as a pseudo art form.
When I ordered this guitar, I was driving a Hemi Dodge pickup, so this made sense in my head. And the HEMIBIRD (always in CAPS, by the way) was born.

Later I would play with other ideas, like the Pontiac "screaming chicken" logo on a Flying V. 

gmpv2.jpg

Never did have that one built, though.

And of course, the Victim Explorer.

DSC_1754.jpg

Anyway, back to the HEMIBIRD.

The logo seemed like a natural, and then not so much, as my Photoshop mock-ups below clearly show.

idea.jpg

I'm sure glad I didn't go with three of those four above.

Eventually I got it and the boys at GMP nailed it, exactly. I had the guitar for months before I realized that they had painted the logo by hand - not with a decal or a stencil.
Very impressive.

Hemibirdlogo.jpg

Hemibirdback.jpg

If you like big necks, this one will not disappoint.
It's probably the only GMP you will ever find with a huge, early 50s Gibson style neck. It's big with a round back (insert dick joke here _____________).
Seymour Duncan Custom/Custom Custom pickups scaREAM in this thing. 

It's alotta mahogany, but not as heavy as you would think, coming in just an ounce under 10 pounds, but you can handle it.

DjoxFZFWwAEZGFY?format=jpg&name=small

Well, can ya, punk?

Ugh...  if only it was a Shelby cobra...  I love big necks and the firebird shape.  Is that a 25.5” or 24.75” scale. I thought I remembered most GMP’s being 25.5”. 

15 minutes ago, Travis said:

Is that a 25.5” or 24.75” scale. I thought I remembered most GMP’s being 25.5”. 

Yeah - I knew I had forgotten to mention something.  25.5" scale.

Today's Featured Guitar:

2004 Hamer Korina Special, AKA "The Spruceburst"

sprucey.JPG

I'd wager most of you reading this are already familiar with this guitar and the story of how it came to be and be in my possession.
For those of you who aren't, here we go again.

This guitar is the first of two built.  The only reason there is a second is because this one wasn't built as it was spec'ed. 
Back in 2003, @butcher ordered this guitar as you see it, but with a thin head stock (like on the BCR Juniors of the time) and strip tuners.
Like this.

DSCN4928.JPG

When the guitar arrived, it had the standard thickness head stock and Grover tuning machines.

popjlsywkc388mn4w1wr.jpg

Butcher was disappointed and opted for Hamer to make him a replacement.  As luck would have it, I stumbled into the frame shortly after this exchange and this guitar was up for grabs.

I grabbed it.

Here's the Custom Order Certificate which lists the spruce top, korina body & neck, Sustain Block bridge from @hamerhead, etc, and Me as the customer interestingly enough.    Hmmmmmmm....

co_cert650.jpg

Even with all of the custom features, it's not unique, however.
There is another. Butcher has it, he plays it, and he never sells anything.
So, while you may see another, this is the only one you'll ever see for sale.

Choose wisely.

IMG_0065.JPG

Sprucestainblockedge2.JPG

nwoqchsqayvmvr6bkkzf.jpg

Archived