Hamer Fan Club Message Center

8 Years Ago

diablo175

A memory photo of my C3 at pre-paint stage popped up on FB this AM and I got to thinking about how bittersweet it is to have one of the last handful of builds that came out of the shop before they were shuttered for good. So, after digging around, I found the rest of the photos that were sent to me as this Cali took shape.

For your enjoyment.

Custom Cali neck glue copy.jpg

Customcaliheel copy.jpg

Custom Cali back copy.jpg

Custom Cali heel form copy.jpg

Custom Cali heel rounding copy.jpg

Custom Cali heel copy.jpg

nudecalicustom copy.jpg

Cali pre-paint.jpg

Cali prepaint copy.jpg

GreenCheckPainted.sm(1) copy.jpg

Cali logo copy.jpg

finishfinish copy.jpg

Custom on the hardware bench copy.jpg

Really nice! I always like to see that guitar.
Crazy how many years have passed since shop closure.

7 minutes ago, rugby1970 said:

That is one wild guitar!

I've often regarded it as rather reserved and understated... for MY tastes. 🤣

Seriously though, it's not in a Rick Nielsen-wild category. :P

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 11.50.53 AM.png

Dannnnng. That is definitely an incredible guitar. Even though I am not a floyd fan, that is one I would rock with pride. A real work of art, and look how awesome even mahogany that is going to be put under a finish looks. Hamer had THE WOOD.

I wonder where that flamed looking standard-shaped guitar went.

4 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Fixed. :P

When I showed my collection to a lady drummer I was seeing at the time, she saw the Blue Archtop and said "I think I understand now how people get turned on by guitars".

14 hours ago, DaveH said:

I love that guitar.

Me too ;)  As I was recently reminded, it is a Super Strat-shaped Les Paul. Many of the characteristics of a good LP- resonant mahogany body, set neck construction and bound board. But without the hindrances- short scale, 22 frets, 12" board radius, and typically sans Floyd.

23 minutes ago, HAMERMAN said:

Not sure of that was a sarcastic question or not - I think that was either Rick's original "Gonna Raise Hell" guitar in for a refresh or a second copy Hamer made for him.

Not sarcastic. I am not that versed in all of Rick's Guitars. Looks like it came home for some work after the 2001 Ottawa Bluesfest Stage Collapse, which happened when they were on stage.

https://hamerworkshop.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/aint-that-a-shame/

The paint is definitely better than in that blog post, so maybe they made another one, given that by then the writing was on the wall unfortunately.

Archived