Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Attention military veterans: What is the rank on this headstock?

Bass was custom ordered by an active duty Marine, finished in a flat military green. Unsure if the rank applies to the guy that ordered it. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment

63C Army headstock.jpg

Here ya go. Painted by legendary North Carolina automotive artist Wayne Jarrett (one of his less fancy efforts but still very cool). Hallmark makes instruments inspired by Bakersfield guitars and basses from the '60s (Mosrite Ventures, original Hallmark company Swept-Wing, Gruggett Stradette, etc.).

LO 63C Army bass whole.jpg

2 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Here ya go. Painted by legendary North Carolina automotive artist Wayne Jarrett (one of his less fancy efforts but still very cool). Hallmark makes instruments inspired by Bakersfield guitars and basses from the '60s (Mosrite Ventures, original Hallmark company Swept-Wing, Gruggett Stradette, etc.).

Nice! The metal nut intrigued me.

2 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Willie: Does that one have the "JARRETT" dry transfer logo on the neck heel? 

57 minutes ago, tomteriffic said:

In the Marines, Gunnery Sergeant. In the Army, Staff Sergeant (SFC is 3 up, two down)

staff sgt. is E-6; 3 up and 1 down in both branches

6 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

In the Marines, Gunnery Sergeant. In the Army, Staff Sergeant (SFC is 3 up, two down)

Actually, the insignia is 3 up and 1 down, which is a staff sgt. (E-6) in both branches. A gunny (E-7) is 3 up and 2 down. The crossed rifles would indicate it was a Marine Staff Sgt.

I think you were half right and I was all wrong.

Archived