Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hey guys!, checking in after a long absence.

Jimbilly

Good to see this place is still very active with so many familiar names!  I thought I'd check in before I'm completely forgotten:  I'm playing very little, but I still have most of my gear; 3 Hamer basses and about 8 Hamer guitars (all usa of course), plus some other assorted semi-collectibles.   I'm mostly just busy with family and work; my son is 16 and a good runner and cyclist, we ride quite a bit together.  My primary hobby is still mountain biking, and quite a bit of road biking when the weather is nicer (mtn bike racing and cx racing when not covid-cancelled, I actually got pretty fast again after 20 years off), my kid is getting strong on the bikes which is really fun.    I did get a custom amp built from a builder/friend a few months ago: it's a slightly modded tweed bassman preamp into a champ type single octal power section, tube rectified, it can take 6V6s through 6L6GCs, in a salvaged '50s magnatone chassis, - it turned out really cool.  I still pawn shop quite a bit, but haven't found any keepers in a long time, I think I've only seen one usa Hamer in a pawn shop in the past 10 years; an early p90s cherry special for a good but not great price, someone else got that one.  I did get a late '70s 2204 several years ago for a vgood price that is a keeper (after having it put back to stock, and loaded with real vintage mullards).   My daughter is 13 and a good singer (even when she was tiny she would sing silly words along with me playing guitar, and she has always had excellent pitch and timing), she has taught herself Uke and is working on guitar, I gave her my '67 Fender Coronado 1 for her birthday, but she prefers my very heavy boogie bodies northern ash strat, the Coronado is pretty neat, she'll be more into that one someday, and it's really lightweight.  I play bass or guitar with her sometimes, and help her figure out chords from music she likes.

Anyway, cool to see that y'all are still rockin!, even though for sure not playing out as much. 

Hey!   He’s BAAAAAACK!

Good to see ya.

Archived