Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Alice Cooper - Go to Hell

hamerhead

19 minutes ago, MCChris said:

From the most underrated AC album.

True that. A new wave punk feel with songs like Clones, Model Citizen and Aspirin Damage to the hard rock of Grim Facts and the true gem of the album, Pain. 

2 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

THIS is most under rated Alice Cooper song.

He went kinda Bowie...

you'regoddamnright.gif

I mean, I was there with the older sis that had the paisley. She got Love It To Death and that chit changed. The band killed that san fran stuff. That, and the Yes. Found Zappa and Motorhead of my own.

My daughter heard me playing that last month. She heard Hearts Dirty Lessons then Clones and thought it was from the same album.

S

AC Billion Dollar Baby’s or welcome to my nightmare tour (started out with BDB)was the best concert/show I’ve ever been to. There was so much going on everywhere! Spidermen dropping down from the ceiling scaring the shit out of people. I never did figure out how he could mutilate that girl and she’d get up and dance w him on only women bleed. Real swords being thrown around on stage and sticking into things! Just a fucking cool show!!!

Description of the show from the press.

At the time of its staging, the latest Alice extravaganza received a lot of favorable media coverage. The show itself was pretty complex, being a visual representation of the concept album of the same name. The story takes place in a nightmare world where Steven battles for his soul. 

The elaborate travelling stage set included a large gothic looking bed in the center of the stage to represent the dreaming Steven in his nightmare world. Steven's toy box is at the side of his bed with all his toys inside, as well as the dancers who would often appear from the box. There were huge pillars on either side of the bed, which would at one point in the show support an over-sized spider web for the performance of Devil's Food and The Black Widow. And, at the height of the show the bed would slide back and a large split screen was raised. Upon the screen a movie was projected. Alice and the dancers were on the screen and then would emerge with precession timing through the screen onto the stage. This very impressive spectacle was revived for the Hey Stoopid tour of 1991. There were a number of dancers who would perform in varying roles: skeletons, spiders, giant Cyclops's, and Sheryl Goddard, who would later become Sheryl Cooper, played the ballerina role for Only Women Bleed. The touring band (Dick Wagner, Steven Hunter, Prakash John, Whitey Glan) were behind the elaborate set for most of the show.

On 9/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, crunchee said:

This was my favorite Alice Cooper video, until they got rid of the uncensored version on YooToob, but occasionally somebody'll try to sneak it on.  I first saw that one just before I left the UK in 1992, on MTV Europe:

What is in the uncensored that offends UTube?

NOW do you know why I remembered this video all these years?  :lol:  Reminds me of that French restaurant scene in National Lampoon's European Vacation, where a couple is getting handsy at a table near the Griswolds, Clark says that European standards are different (for PDA), and Rusty says "Yeah, but they're from Akron".  :rolleyes:

Archived