Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Legendary "Doc McGhee" (KISS Army Welcome!) Estate Sale

https://www.estatesales.net/TN/Brentwood/37027/2653887?fbclid=IwAR2TExG5ejogkwdhm45fJSDd7dBXbvXv0HRPlmCZowilAP7u9sW_jNOpl0E

Interesting collection of stuff. 

The KISS memorabilia is going to be legendary.

Didn't know convicted felons could own that many guns?

And what's up with all those hats?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Didn't know convicted felons could own that many guns?

There is a process at the federal level for restoring 2nd Amendment rights.  It takes lawyers and money.  Antiquities (black powder muzzleloaders do not count, I think.) 

Was Doc McGhee Motley Crüe's manager when Vince Neil should have been popped in jail for a decade or so after killing one person and paralzying another?  Someone knew how to manipulate the legal system. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

There is a process at the federal level for restoring 2nd Amendment rights.  It takes lawyers and money.  Antiquities (black powder muzzleloaders do not count, I think.) 

Was Doc McGhee Motley Crüe's manager when Vince Neil should have been popped in jail for a decade or so after killing one person and paralzying another?  Someone knew how to manipulate the legal system. 

Did you ever read what this guy got away with?

He was moving massive blow across country on some of those trucks carrying "tour support" under some of the biggest names of the 80s.

Got caught by the feds.

Then he got leniency by hosting/supporting that ridiculous Anti-Drug Russia mega-show, where all the top stars travelled on a jet to the USSR while completely waxed.

This guy has great attorneys no doubt.

• Like 5

Gun Trust loophole is a popular one for getting around this, and was easy to do a few years back. I haven't kept up as to the legalities nowadays, but if there's a will, there's a way. Someone else "owns" the weapons, you just have "access with their permission" and all is well. Not sure if that's what they did in his case but likely... Works for Class 3 and like items as well (machine guns, silencers, short barrel'ed rifles, etc.).

I was just commenting the other day to the family that I felt I needed a blown glass lionfish and a brass eagle; you just never know when the opportunities will present themselves! Some crazy stuff there...

Edited by Drew816
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
41 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

And what's up with all those hats?

I guess you could put roughly 40,000 lbs of weed in those hats and steins.

• Haha 2

I'm guessing that Doc McGhee is saving a Kiss Koffin for himself.  :rolleyes:

I hope that whoever's buying KISS Krap has a good auto security system or extra manpower to watch it, since they want the buyer to take it out of the house as soon as it's paid for.

• Haha 1

A lot of things come to mind.  One is this looks to me like a hoarder who can afford someone to organize the stuff.  Second is I guess he needs money.  Third, will someone seriously be coming away saying, "Dude, I got a grill, a gaudy trinket AND a box of golf balls from Doc McGhee!"  

19 minutes ago, crunchee said:

I'm guessing that Doc McGhee is saving a Kiss Koffin for himself.  :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think I read Gene gave him a 5% discount for buying a few.  

Edited by scottcald
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Does Doc have a problem with not making it to 2021? 

I am guessing he is under investigation and needs to liquidate assets.

There are new sheriffs in town, and a lot of people are pissed off.

Oh boy, a million Kiss fanboys just peed their collective pants.  I knew that guitar sales were really up this year, so maybe they are hoping that memorabilia will be as well?

Most of those guns look to be "collector grade", and not the type 99% of gun owners would give a crap about. I remember reading a few years ago about how Eric Clapton decided to sell off part of his own collection of high end bespoke shotguns, as they were taking up too much room. Guns from his collection still regularly show up at auction. I think a set sold for 160,000 GBP.

I feel fortunate that my attraction to guns is not like my addiction to guitars.  There are so many special edition guns that the Franklin Mint should have created a firearms division.  Ted Nugent has autographed Glocks for fans which would make one expect the guns to not be used because the paint pen signatures will likely not stand up to too many cleanings.  Seeing a wall with gun displays like those in Doc's house is cool-- as long as someone else has to be the caretaker. 

A room full of guitars on the walls is entirely different.  Does Doc have one of those he is not telling everyone about? 

• Like 1

Unusual to see an auction where the Kiss memorabilia are the least garish lots available.

• Haha 5
19 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Most of those guns look to be "collector grade", and not the type 99% of gun owners would give a crap about. I remember reading a few years ago about how Eric Clapton decided to sell off part of his own collection of high end bespoke shotguns, as they were taking up too much room. Guns from his collection still regularly show up at auction. I think a set sold for 160,000 GBP.

Yes.  I was expecting to see Krieghoffs & Perazzis but this looks like grampa's shotgun collection. 

2 hours ago, Devnor said:

Yes.  I was expecting to see Krieghoffs & Perazzis but this looks like grampa's shotgun collection. 

Reading the description, all of those revolvers are those annoying "For Collector's" reissues, not the real deal. The shotguns are the same. I guess he just wanted it to LOOK like he had a great gun collection. I feel sorry for the people who buy those guns, as their resale value is pretty crappy. They are made to hang on the wall and look cool. They could have saved a bunch just getting a regular model, or getting an ACTUAL antique.

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

Reading the description, all of those revolvers are those annoying "For Collector's" reissues, not the real deal. The shotguns are the same. I guess he just wanted it to LOOK like he had a great gun collection. I feel sorry for the people who buy those guns, as their resale value is pretty crappy. They are made to hang on the wall and look cool. They could have saved a bunch just getting a regular model, or getting an ACTUAL antique.

But..... Gene and Paul might have looked at them at some point!

• Haha 3