Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A New Kind of Single Cut - Paris Custom (SCIII)

atomicwash

The Paris Single Cut Background: Years ago, I sang in a rockabilly outfit. Since my real name had been taken by Dan Hicks (and his hot licks), I used my wife’s middle name and the band was called Danny Paris and the Shiner’s. Years later, many of my friends still call me Danny P. My wife kept her last name when we got married, so Paris has been our connecting name (even though I do go by Danny Hicks). This is where the abalone Paris came from on the TRC.

ihpThKb.jpg

Recipe: Ebony top / Black Limba back, MannMade vibrato, Gravelin pickups, Hipshot tuners, Ebony fretboard, and a fat D neck. I think Mike said .93" depth at the first fret. The body is gloss and the neck backside is satin.

Wiring similar to a Jazz Bass - Volumes always on and blend as needed.

Perfect combination of ingredients! I have had only one guitar with ebony as a cap (a Scott Walker) and think it is great. And you will not likely see one like that in anyone else's hands. Congrats!

GODDAMMIT!!! I really want a singlecut now. CURSE YOU, DANNY P!!

That thing just oozes 'cool'.

ETA: OK, gotta ask: Why the cavity cover with no switch?

Oh, sweet Jesus, my pants just got tight...

Is that particular shaping to the single cut proprietary or is that being offered as an option now?  Those lines are PERFECT!

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

GODDAMMIT!!! I really want a singlecut now. CURSE YOU, DANNY P!!

That thing just oozes 'cool'.

ETA: OK, gotta ask: Why the cavity cover with no switch?

Single cut enabler. That's what I do. My new calling.

Good eye! The switch cavity cover is just in case I don't like my new wiring scheme. 

19 hours ago, Travis said:

Is that particular shaping to the single cut proprietary or is that being offered as an option now?  Those lines are PERFECT!

Just tell Mike you want a Paris Custom (SCIII). I've been looking at this body profile (first photo above) for over two years. It was super strange to finally see it in my living room! Turns out, it was exactly what I wanted.

2 hours ago, atomicwash said:

0059 might be available at some point.

Methinks if might go quickly!

5 hours ago, atomicwash said:

've been looking at this body profile (first photo above) for over two years. It was super strange to finally see it in my living room! Turns out, it was exactly what I wanted.

Funny how that happens, right? 

Congratulations man, 0094 is a class act all the way. 

I seriously cannot stop staring at these pics. This outline is absolutely amazing....  I could see myself getting several “Paris customs” in different configurations. 

1) thank you for creating this shape

2) damn you for creating this shape

Wow!!! That‘s really cool. Very nice design and execution. What a fabulous way to cherish Paris.

Archived