Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB: Hipshot Extender (drop tuner) - Schaller M4 style for Hamer Blitz and Scarab Basses

The M4 model Schaller tuning machines that were used on 80's Hamer basses have been discontinued. Therefore, Hipshot can no longer make bass extenders (drop tuners) for that model and fit.  So now I'm on the hunt for 2 of those - bass side obviously... There's 2 on eBay, but they're treble side.  If anyone has one to sell, please contact me.  FYI, I have a Hipshot extender for the comparable Gotoh machines that closely resemble the Schaller M4's - unfortunately, the Schallers have a smaller circumference for the headstock holes, so the Gotoh would not fit, and I'm not about to bore out the holes on vintage instruments. 

So if anyone has one to sell, please contact me!  This is a link to the one I need which is now discontinued by Hipshot: https://hipshotproducts.com/collections/bass-xtenders/products/m4-bass-xtender

IMG_2728sm.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, velorush said:

AllParts says they have them for $138.00.  Photo is black, but the description says chrome.

Happy Hunting:  TK-7140 HIPSHOT M4M EXTENDER FOR TK-0931 BASS KEYS

Just ordered it - thanks! It will go on my Hamer Scarab :)

2020-10-11 12.43.32.jpg

Archived