Hamer Fan Club Message Center

That one has gone up for sale 3 times or so in the past year and half.  The high e tuner was all crooked and Looked like it had been whacked out of shape when it was first for sale.  It was on craigslist if I remember correctly. I f you look closely you’ll see the tuner has a hole right next to the screw.  I don’t know structurally how much this affected anything but I’d want to see it up close first.  

Edited by Ua D
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Call me a traitor, but that neck joint looks amateur. Those last Arlington Heights guitars were not Hamer's finest.

kmtrlnj7ojfpie2gwcyu.jpg

If they had a patterns for regular standards already, why would they even change this neck joint?

I happen to have a NOS ‘97 Standard pickguard...🤔

On 9/25/2020 at 9:28 AM, Ua D said:

Notice the hole next to the screw and the crack extending away from it... 

And speaking of nasty smacks, bumps & dings...

Some time ago when this first appeared for sale, I asked if there was any damage to the exposed wood on the upper bout.

I never got a response...

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still a nice looking Standard. A bit pricy for my taste. I’d put a set of FilterTrons it. And possibly a pickguard.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, gorch said:

Still a nice looking Standard. A bit pricy for my taste. I’d put a set of FilterTrons it. And possibly a pickguard.

This thing was $1200 USD "local pickup only" when I first saw it on ebay a few years back.

At that price I may have even considered some fretboard work and a nice refin...  🧐😁😉    

Edited by Crwth145
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Crwth145 said:

This thing was $1200 USD "local pickup only" when I first saw it on ebay a few years back.

Reverb shows me Euros, I have just seen. Seems to look a bit cheaper to me though.

• Like 1

Years ago, I once had a '97 "rounded heel" Standard like this one, it had a two-piece body and what looked to me like an original white pickguard.  I also once had what I called a Standard Standard (you read that right) with a squared heel, IIRC that one was a '96 with NO pickguard and ONE piece mahogany body, dot neck, and no top veneer or binding, in plain Jane natural finish.  Methinks I shoulda kept that, as I've not seen another one.  :rolleyes:

Edited by crunchee
On 9/25/2020 at 5:28 PM, Ua D said:

Notice the hole next to the screw and the crack extending away from it. 

00480D9C-3782-41C1-91E2-FFEB6244510A.jpeg

Could very well be a finish crack. Looks like it to me, but I ain't no expert....