Hamer Fan Club Message Center

DAMNIT! TDC: Rocco Prestia

W/R/T the video, it is amazing how hard it is to control tempo in a live performance, be it rock or be it classical.  Love the tune, love the band. love the funk of that era.

Damn, I'm old.

5 hours ago, m chops said:

W/R/T the video, it is amazing how hard it is to control tempo in a live performance, be it rock or be it classical.  Love the tune, love the band. love the funk of that era.

Damn, I'm old.

Ain't it da troof!  Good to read you, Ben!

When my youngest brother was about 10 YO, he was an aspiring drummer.  As a birthday present, I took him to a David Garibaldi clinic.  He happened to have dragged Rocco along.  The audience was nearly in a frenzy (at a drum clinic, fer Chrissake) and I was pretty astounded myself.  My brother had no idea what he had just witnessed and there was no way I could really explain it to him.  All he took away from it was the fact he had won the door prize. 😅

Yeah, to say that cat owned "What Is Hip?" is an understatement.

For some reason I can't seem to find the list of songs played on the Rising Low documentary in '02; IIRC different guests bassists played, for the most part, songs other than those they might've been noted for, but Rocco banged out on "What Is Hip?" and even though it was a signature tune it was still enthralling. Anybody else remember it that way or am I having a senior moment?

Archived