Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Discovered a old friend again.. 82 special

iownit4

So I've been staying at my father in laws  who is recovering from a knee replacement surgery!! I lived here in his with my wife while we were in between  moves about 5 yrs ago and of course I left a bunch of gear behind in our old bedroom .. so I started going though cases and was reunited with this 1982 special that was white and beat up bad at one time that I had re-done by Aaron Henderson of lowel guitars.. he did fret job crown inlays and new top. Crazy how I haven't played this guitar in maybe 7 yrs and thing plays and sounds amazing.  I had to tweak the neck lil and that's it .. i let her Rip.. 

20200930_180527-picsay.jpg

20200930_180604-picsay.jpg

You've made my poor '81 non-Checkerboard feel sad and inadequate now... 😉

That thing looks fantastic, not sure how you could stay away from it for 7 years! Got anymore lying around, we'd be happy to help you out and take up the slack to insure these guitars get played.

Lol I know it sounds crazy. I've been in the music scene & biz since 1991. Gigging and I owned  a studio in NYC & staten island... so I just accumulated so much gear over the years  from artists & company's and in some cases payments ..I do occasionally sell something.  It's hard to let good guitars go . When I take them out to take pics of the them I change my mind lol...here is my now home studio I use mostly for band rehearsal.  I do have zoom r8 & pro tools rig ready to go ..as for hamers I do have about 12 hamer usa sunburst early 90s . I do perfer thinner neck profile still.. if I do decide to sell any of course I sell here too keep them in the family!

20200403_135252-picsay.jpg

Archived